Matthew Donnan has over 15 years of experience in the construction and engineering industry and uses his knowledge and experience to provide clients with a comprehensive and clear understanding of their projects.
His construction experience includes contract management, project management, and military construction. His consulting experience includes project advisory, risk management, and the development or defense of construction claims. He has provided consulting services for projects in the oil and gas, hospitality, defense, transportation, and energy industries. Prior to becoming a consultant, he served as an Engineer Officer in the US Army and was a Maintenance Supervisor for an ice cream factory.
- Developed as-built data for the fabrication of a 1,000-ton loading platform module and several piperack modules for a marine LNG project. Analyzed the fabrication contractor’s schedules and contemporaneous correspondence. Conducted an analysis and rebuttal of the opposing party’s expert report.
- Performed delay analysis of commissioning, security, and resource impacts related to a natural gas field project in Algeria. Prepared sections of the report. The project consisted of a central processing facility and several natural gas wells.
- Performed a schedule delay analysis based on project drawings and records on behalf of the contractor representing the owner. The project consisted of a multi-story hotel located in a metropolitan area.
- Performed an analysis of project schedules and submittal delays for a USACE project, drafted sections of delay report. The project scope of work consisted of a satellite management facility and ancillary buildings with road and site work.
- Performed an analysis of delays on a USACE managed multi-story military headquarters project. The analysis consisted of assessing design, commissioning, and resource related impacts.
- Conducted analysis related to design and commissioning on a NAFVAC managed aircraft maintenance facility project. Reviewed drawings, correspondence, and commissioning reports. Drafted sections of the expert report.
- Conducted an analysis of change order impacts and as-built data on a Rail System consisting of electrical work installation, the construction of several stations, and a maintenance and storage facility. Prepared sections of the expert report. The total claim was $12 million.
- Conducted an analysis of a $1.1 million disputed change order for an industrial plant. Prepared graphics and drafted sections of delay report. The total project value was $24 million.
- Conducted an as-planned vs as-built analysis based on project schedules, drawings, and other records for the contractor representing the owner. The plant was designed to recover the gases produced by cow manure and convert them into usable natural gas. The facility had four anaerobic digesters and a gas upgrade system.