Danny Rimmer is a highly skilled project engineer with over 8 years’ experience in the construction industry. He is a BEng qualified civil engineer and specializes in delay analysis and construction claims. Danny has worked on a number of projects for several prominent contractors in the UK. He has spent the majority of his career in construction project management and he has advanced knowledge in project management, scheduling, planning and civil engineering.
His skills include programme creation and management in MS Projects, Synchro Schedular and Asta. Tracking and reporting on overall progress, managing daily operations, implementation of new programmes and forecasting project cost.
- Assisted the appointed expert with delay analysis and expert report drafting for an SIAC Arbitration in Singapore in relation to the fabrication of a Jack Up Drilling Rig. Roles included the review of contemporaneous document, analysis of rate of issue and clearance of punch list items and drafted expert report sections.
- Provided planning and project controls support for a main contractor on the construction of a new highway and infrastructure project in Dover, UK. The project is under a NEC4 ECC Option B with a value of £18 million.
- Assisted the appointed expert with delay analysis and expert report drafting for an ICC Arbitration in the United Kingdom relating to the construction highway and infrastructure for a new development. Role included the review of contemporaneous documents, analysis of delays, and drafting expert report sections.
- Assisted appointed delay expert on an adjudication regarding the construction of new highways and infrastructure for a new development area.
- Assisted with the delay analysis and production of a preliminary review of delays for a waste to energy plant in Scotland.
- Assisted with the delay analysis of the refurbishment of a university building in London.
- Worked with commercial team to ensure efficient placing of S/C orders, and financial control of the works.
- Managed the project planning and construction team to ensure efficient planning, construction, site administration and documentation of the project.
- Senior company representative for the replacement of a maintenance pontoon and walkways in Southampton. Responsible for managing the construction site to achieve required project delivery to the customers’ objectives while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact, and cost control.
- Project engineer managing the programme and design of an Early Contractor Involvement stage of a new lifeboat facility on the River Thames.
- Managed the design, procurement, fabrication and installation of two walkways at an LNG facility on the Isle of Grain, Kent, UK.