Rachel Weinthal has twenty years of experience providing assurance, litigation, and forensic accounting services with a focus on accounting-related and fraud investigations. She has extensive experience in preparing expert reports and assisting in the preparation of expert witnesses for trial.
Rachel has worked on various matters including SEC and DOJ investigations of fraud and whistleblower allegations, marital and business divorce disputes, construction disputes, employee embezzlement schemes, security valuations, shadow investigations, monitorships, and insurance claim preparation. She has managed numerous engagements involving damages calculations in the support of expert reports, including the preparation of related analyses and exhibits.
Rachel currently serves on the board as the Secretary of the Atlanta Chapter of the Women’s White-Collar Defense Association (“WWCDA”).
- Issued an expert report on behalf of a Plaintiff in a litigation matter relating to the defective and incomplete work of certain subcontractors for a commercial office building located in South Florida.
- Prepared material escalation claim submissions on behalf a General Contractor seeking additional compensation relating to an act of Force Majeure, which affected the pricing of materials required to build six new school buildings.
- Prepared the quantum of a claim on behalf of the owner of a hydroelectric generator station for a tribunal arbitration proceeding.
- Served as the family law accounting expert on behalf of the husband and owner of an entertainment company in his divorce proceedings.
- Prepared an analysis and expert report relating to on-going expenses on behalf of the wife in a divorce proceeding against her husband.
- Assisted the expert in a Anti-Kickback Statute matter for a former C-suite healthcare executive accused of accepting kickbacks for referring business to his former employer.
- Prepared a valuation analysis of a potential life insurance policy payout on behalf of an insurance company sued by an individual who was allegedly misled into purchasing the policy.
- Prepared a rebuttal expert report in response to an overbilling claim relating to the construction of a residential property in Northern California. Analysis included determining appropriate payroll burden rates as well as reimbursable costs.
- Built a damages claim relating to construction delays of two industrial plants located in Eastern Europe.
- Selected as the testifying expert on behalf of shareholders in a medical practice in a case against the majority shareholder who fraudulently sold shares in the practice to an external party.
- Performed a shadow investigation of another forensic accounting firm relating to a whistleblower’s allegations relating to the accounting practices of a publicly traded business management services firm.