Hatem Ibrahim has over 10 years of experience in the construction and consulting industry. His background involves working on a diverse portfolio of billion-dollar projects that include heavy industrial, commercial, residential and infrastructure works. Within these projects he has worked with various commercial and public sector clients. Hatem optimizes and solves work efficiently, and he accomplishes this by leveraging his construction and consulting expertise with his extensive academic background. With his diverse set of skills and experience, Hatem is able to provide a unique insight and add value to clients.
Hatem’s core competencies include: cost control, schedule management, claims management, risk management, project controls, data analytics and data optimization.
- Developed several program enterprise dashboards to monitor the schedule and cost performance of all small projects in a federal agency’s portfolio of over 8,000 projects utilizing Tableau and Microstrategy. These dashboards assist project managers in managing their projects across the different project milestones and give key indicators to help them take appropriate action.
- Worked for an Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contractor on the construction of a $1.6 billion US-based Methanol Plant. Managed the project budget and schedule by utilizing earned value techniques, reviewing work completed on site, reviewing expenditures and conducting trend and variance analysis. Conducted work utilizing industry leading software to perform cost control, scheduling, material tracking and claim analysis. Developed a project risk register and assisted with internal and financial audits and change management. Analyzed submitted claims from contractors (loss of productivity, extended overheads, acceleration cost) worth over $80 million.
- Developed several computer models to minimize the storage and transportation costs and losses of select commodities. These developed models include optimizing: (1) Existing supply chain storage and transportation facilities; (2) Construction of new storage facilities, (3) Sale of commodities to maximize profit.
- Served as the lead teaching assistant at senior/graduate level construction management/construction planning course for four years at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. Hatem taught students P6 scheduling software, and guided students in developing a construction plan that includes scheduling, cost estimating, procurement, planning, and earned value analysis.
- Provided project management services for the construction of a commercial shopping center and residential compound. Performed scheduling work and updating progress utilizing Primavera P6.