Hatem Ibrahim has over 10 years of experience in the construction and consulting industry, including a “Big 4” accounting firm. His background involves working on a diverse portfolio of billion-dollar projects, including heavy industrial, commercial, and infrastructure. Within these projects, he has worked with various commercial and public sector clients. Hatem optimizes and solves work efficiently, and he accomplishes this by leveraging his construction and consulting expertise with his extensive academic background. With his diverse skills and experience, Hatem can provide a unique insight and add value to clients.
Hatem’s core competencies include: project controls, claims management, loss of productivity analysis, delay analysis, quantum analysis, data analytics, and data optimization.
Hatem is proficient with the following software: Primavera P6, MS Project, Navisworks, and Tableau.
- Currently providing schedule analysis services on several federal building projects in Washington DC for the Architect of the Capitol.
- Performed a delay and loss of productivity analysis on 50 project milestones and prepared an expert report for a heavy-industrial project in the Middle East that was COVID impacted.
- Performed and prepared a quantum analysis for an arbitration hearing on a project in California.
- Performed quantum analysis (>$100 million) for a termination for cause arbitration on a commuter rail project in California.
- Performed quantum and delay analysis (>$100 million) on several Public-Private-Partnership light rail and infrastructure projects in the USA and Peru.
- Provided project advisory and prepared several delay analyses expert reports on a $1 billion light rail project in Massachusetts's.
- Developed several program enterprise dashboards to monitor the schedule and cost performance of all small projects in a federal agency’s portfolio of over 8,000 projects utilizing Tableau and MicroStrategy. These dashboards assist project managers in managing their projects across the different project milestones and give key indicators to help them take appropriate action.
- Worked for an Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contractor on the construction of a $1.6 billion Methanol Plant in Texas. Managed the project budget and schedule. Analyzed submitted claims from contractors (loss of productivity, extended overheads, acceleration cost) worth over $80 million.
- Developed several computer models to minimize the storage and transportation costs and losses of select commodities. These developed models include optimizing: (1) Existing supply chain storage and transportation facilities; (2) Construction of new storage facilities, (3) Sale of commodities to maximize profit.
- Served as the lead teaching assistant at senior/graduate level construction management/construction planning course for four years at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. Hatem taught students P6 scheduling software, and guided students in developing a construction plan that includes scheduling, cost estimating, procurement, planning, and earned value analysis.