Alessio Loreti has more than 12 years of experience in the construction industry, including over six years specializing in schedule and delay services. His experience includes preparation of analyses and expert reports relating to matters of delay, disruption, and damages. He has worked on a wide range of projects located in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia including the development and construction of Transportation Infrastructure, Airports, Highrises, Stadiums, and Energy & Chemical Plants.
Prior to working in the consulting field, Alessio’s background and experience were heavily focused on state DOT and transportation projects in the areas of schedule & budget development, project management, engineering design, and construction management. He worked as a project manager on large-scale infrastructure development projects in the United States and its U.S. Territories. Additionally, His prior experience was as a civil design and project engineer on highway, urban planning, transportation, water resources, land development, and site design projects for state government agencies and private developers.
- Managed the delay analysis, client communications, and expert report writing on a $700 million Sulphuric Acid Power Plant project in the Middle East.
- Provided delay analysis for expert report for prolongation costs on delay claims on a $500 million nuclear power plant in Finland.
- Performed detailed critical path analyses and expert reports for 10 individual metro stations on a $9.4 billion new transportation project in the Middle East.
- Developed an analysis of delays and expert report encountered during the construction of a $250 million contract for interior outfitting of state-of-the-art first and business class lounges on a time sensitive international airport in the Middle East.
- Led the delay analysis and expert report writing for schedule delay claims amounting to $11 million for the owner-representative against the design-build contractor on a $27 million contract for the completion of one of the tallest residential high-rise buildings in Europe.
- Performed a damages analysis and expert report of findings for a heavy civil contractor in Florida for claims against its subcontractor related to unreasonable contract negotiations, defective works back charges, and overall damages owed.
- Oversaw the delay analysis, presentation of findings, and expert report writing for six large processing units on a $6 billion (USD) refinery expansion project in South America in response to prolongation and gross negligence claims brought forth by the government against the EPC contractor.
- Project Manager and leader of a team of 10 multidiscipline government engineers and schedulers for the design of a state-of-the-art $20M DOT airport facility in North Carolina.
- Supported a Canadian transportation firm in its EOT negotiations with a local transportation authority on an ongoing $368 million (CAD) signaling design and installation project at the Union Station project in downtown Toronto.
- Developed a delay and disruption analysis for a $41million (USD) Coal Fired Power plant expansion project in South America.
- Analyzed critical path delays to 15 deep underground stations on a $9.4 billion (USD) new metro transportation project in the Middle East.
- Managed the analysis and reporting of delays incurred during the construction of a $52 million (USD) airport facility package whose opening impacted the commencement of operations at the new airport in the Middle East.
- Evaluated project schedules and contemporaneous construction documents in order to prepare a delay analysis for mediation between the prime contractor and the U.S. Government on the construction of a LEED Gold seven-story $90 million Federal Courthouse complex.
- Analyzed project schedules and contemporaneous design and construction documents in order to prepare a preliminary delay analysis for the owners-representative on the construction of a $1.4 billion state-of-the-art sport stadium project in the United States.
- Advised a North American transportation firm on an ongoing Extension of Time claim for delays against the Owner amounting to approximately 1-year of delays and $10 million in damages.
- Reviewed contemporaneous project schedules and records to advise client on a potential claim for delay in the construction of a $385 million cellulose fiber mill expansion project on the island of Kauai in the United States.
- Prepared a schedule delay analysis for the owner-representative in the defense of claims amounting to $45 million for delays encountered during a $225 million design-build contract for a state-of-the-art pipe laying vessel in Asia.
- Developed a delay analysis and Expert Report for the delays encountered during the expansion of a large-scale canal project in Central America. The analysis was performed for a Dispute Advisory Board to award a claim for delays related to the Concrete Mix Design and associated Civil Works predecessors.
- Provided assistance in the delay analysis and expert reporting submissions for the owner-representative in an arbitration for claims amounting to $62 million on a $230 million lump-sum EPC contract for the construction of an Oil Processing Plant in the Middle East.