Alessio Loreti has more than 13 years of experience in the construction industry, including seven years specializing in schedule and delay services. His experience includes preparation of analyses and expert reports relating to matters of delay, disruption, and damages. He has worked on a wide range of projects located in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia including the development and construction of transportation infrastructure, airports, high-rises, stadiums, heavy civil, rail & metro, commercial/retail, and energy & chemical plants.
Prior to working in the consulting field, Alessio’s background and experience were heavily focused on state DOT and transportation projects in the areas of schedule & budget development, project management, engineering design, and construction management. He worked as a project manager on large-scale infrastructure development projects in the United States and its U.S. Territories. Additionally, his prior experience was as a civil design and project engineer on highway, urban planning, transportation, water resources, land development, and site design projects for state government agencies and private developers.
- Co-author and named expert on behalf of a General Contractor for the development of a luxury mid-rise apartment complex in Tampa, Florida. The contractor claimed project delays and lost revenue were a result of alleged deficient designs and failure by the Architect of Record to coordinate with the other design subconsultants.
- Co-author and named expert for the analysis and expert report of construction delays and damages representing the Lead Designer on a $35 million (USD) Waste Management facility in Florida, USA.
- Analyzed schedule quality / conformance issues and contractor extension of time requests in support of an ASBCA case related to the termination of the General Contractor on the construction of a Naval Medical Clinic in Mississippi.
- Analyzed delays and assisted in drafting an expert report for a UK developer/contractor in connection with an adjudication regarding the construction of a road network in East London built for a new development. The adjudicator preferred the methodology, critical path, and evidence provided by Delta Consulting which resulted in a favorable award to the developer/contractor.
- Managed the analysis and expert report in relation to $230 million (USD) of claims for disruption and construction damages on a state highway expansion project in Colorado, USA.
- Managed the delay analysis, client communications, and expert report writing on a $700 million Sulphuric Acid Power Plant project in the Middle East.
- Provided delay analysis for expert report for prolongation costs on delay claims on a $500 million nuclear power plant in Finland.
- Performed detailed critical path analyses and expert reports for 10 individual metro stations on a $9.4 billion new transportation project in the Middle East.
- Developed an analysis of delays and expert report encountered during the construction of a $250 million contract for interior outfitting of state-of-the-art first and business class lounges on a time sensitive international airport in the Middle East.