John Coker is an associate director with over 12 years of experience in the areas of engineering, procurement, construction management, contracts, and claims. His background includes working on a diverse portfolio of projects, including industrial, commercial, and infrastructure for both governmental and private agencies. John optimizes and solves work efficiently by leveraging his construction, risk mitigation, and claims defense experience with his wide-ranging background.
John recently led the planning and scheduling efforts on a new $1.5 billion airport where he assisted in coordinating and leading numerous stakeholders towards a common goal, identified and created solutions for complex construction sequencing, and assisted project teams through claim avoidance and defense.
- Led the planning and scheduling efforts on a new single terminal airport. The $1.5 billion-dollar, 3.5 million square foot project featured 39 boarding gates, glass passenger boarding bridges, parking garage consisting of 6,100 spaces, and first airport in the United States to include wireless electric bus charging.
- Led the planning and scheduling efforts on a $271 million-dollar convention center expansion. The expansion of the existing convention center doubled the space of the existing exhibit hall, added 58-foot-wide hangar doors, added a 40,000 sqft ballroom, and added a 900-space parking garage.
- Led the planning and scheduling efforts on a $59 million-dollar mission-critical aquatics training facility for an Air Force Installation. The 76,000 sqft building consists of two enclosed, climate controlled, indoor swimming pools of varying depths geared to meet the training needs for the Air Force’s global combat operations.
- Prepared detailed critical path delay analysis and claim defense on a $300 million-dollar public works project in Georgia.
- Prepared detailed critical path delay analysis and claim defense on a $98 million-dollar public works project in California.
- Prepared detailed critical path delay analysis and claim defense on a 34-story multifamily high-rise tower project in Colorado.
- Prepared numerous subcontractor delay analysis reports for a $575 million-dollar airport project in Seattle.
- Served as a Project Manager for a $17 million-dollar casino renovation in Iowa.
- Facilitated Pull Planning and the Last Planner System to capture and detail project plans with numerous stakeholders.
- Developed and delivered specialized planning and scheduling training to internal and external audiences.
- Developed and maintained accurate project controls reports, which focused on early detection of schedule slippage, over/under billings, revenue projections, submittals, and subcontractor buy-out tracking.