Sheree Mann has 30 years of investigative and forensic accounting experience with a focus on fraud and financial investigations, quantifying economic losses and due diligence investigations.
Sheree has provided expert testimony in criminal and civil court, a Public Inquiry, participated in mediations and arbitrations, as well as acted as a Court-appointed Monitor and Forensic Accountant.
Sheree’s experience in loss quantification includes shareholder disputes, commercial disputes, family law matters, contract disputes, expropriation matters and other matters, including losses from arising from alleged fraudulent activities.
Her clients include law firms, law enforcement agencies, private and public companies, government agencies, charities and non-profits, individuals, and Estates.
- Provided expert testimony in relation to a Public Inquiry (Toronto Computer Leasing) in relation to banking/ credit card activities of a former Councillor.
- Assisted the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Anti Rackets Branch in relation to an investigation into a $40 million Ponzi scheme / investor fraud by mortgage broker. Provided expert testimony in criminal court.
- Assisted with multiple OPP investigations as a seconded Forensic Accountant. Also, supervised Forensic Accountant secondees at OPP, Metro Toronto Police Services and RCMP Proceeds of Crime.
- Investigated allegations on behalf of the City of Brampton in relation to services provided by consultants to the Brampton University Initiative.
- Investigated the activities of a former Senior Director for a real estate development company pertaining to the alleged creation of fictitious invoices ($1.7 million) for alleged services never performed or performed by other entities.
- Led investigation of approximately 500 “Under Contract” real estate sales transactions for the Ontario Realty Corporation, in conjunction with an ongoing investigation related to allegations of employee fraud / collusion involving environmental contracts.
- Led numerous investigations on behalf of Government agencies related to allegations of potential wrongdoing, conflict interest, wire-transfer fraud, employee misappropriation / theft, misuse of public funds, inappropriate Executive Management / Board expenditures, and questionable procurement processes.
- Investigated allegations of misappropriation and theft by a Senior Executive of a Canadian subsidiary (US public company). Acted as a Court-appointed Monitor for related sports business pursuant to an interlocutory Cour Order related to the investigation.
- Quantified the loss of business profits of an integrated petroleum company arising from the expropriation of a parcel of land.
- Assisted in joint engagement with a Big 4 firm to quantify damages in lieu of specific performance in relation to a long-term contract in the medical isotope field with damages claimed at $1.6 billion.
- Various engagements quantifying economic losses related to shareholder and other disputes, including losses arising from alleged fraudulent activities, alleged breach of contract and fiduciary duties.