John Crane has more than 20 years of experience in the construction industry, including project management and scheduling, delay and productivity analysis, change management, and claims analysis. He provides consulting services before, during, and after the project to help manage contracts, changes, risk, schedules, and resolve disputes. His expertise includes CPM scheduling, contract administration and specifications, critical path delay, loss of productivity, design errors and omissions, liability and issue analyses, damages calculations and risk assessment.
John’s past experience also includes performing on-site project management services for a multitude of projects for general contractors. This on-site experience has assisted him in analyzing and providing written documentation in the determination of delays and inefficiencies, entitlement, liabilities, and damages for virtually every type of project, including transportation, water and wastewater treatment, educational, commercial, hotels, condominiums, private residences, and athletic facilities for both owners and contractors.
- Project Director under a 5-year term contract with a state agency in North Carolina for a $3 billion multi-project toll road expansion. Responsible for reviewing and drafting scheduling specifications, reviewing baseline schedules and schedule updates for project delays and adherence to contract specifications. Reviewed any requests for time extensions, inefficiencies, and acceleration. Provide CPM & P6 schedule training to the state organization and contractors.
- Performed review and critique of multiple requests for equitable adjustment, on behalf of the owner, submitted by the general contractor and its subs on a $750 million medical facility in Orlando, FL. Performed schedule and responsibility analysis for the critical path of the project and the critical path of each of the major subcontractors. Assisted the owner in multiple informal settlement meetings.
- Provided on-site analysis of the real-time removal and replacement of materials allegedly associated with water intrusion and termite damage on behalf of the pest control company. Reviewed and critiqued the methods used by the owner’s consultant for determining the extent of the damaged materials, calculations, root cause of alleged damage, and betterments. Provided testimony to secure a Spoliation of Evidence order and “adverse inference” against any claim for liability at trial in a $45 million claim against the property manager, pest-control company and other parties associated with the residential apartment complex in Central Florida.
- Performed delay analysis and review of 200+ change order requests for alleged added work and changes to the $100 million GMP contract for a high-rise condominium project in Miami Beach, FL. Also, performed a review and critique of the surety’s/contractor’s claim for $20 million, associated with the alleged delays and changes in preparation for trial.
- Performed review and critique of multiple requests for equitable adjustment, on behalf of the owner, submitted by the general contractor and its subs on a $750M medical facility in Orlando, FL. Performed schedule and responsibility analysis for the critical path of the project and the critical path of each of the major subcontractors. Assisted the owner in multiple informal settlement meetings.