James Spencer has an established career in the property and construction industry which includes experience in the United Kingdom and Middle East. His experience has expanded beyond quantity surveying and cost management to include project management, dispute resolution (quantum and planning) programme management, 3D/4D modelling and BIM.
This exposure has lead James into areas such as contract management and administration, commercial claims and dispute resolutions, and programming and account managing. These demanding and challenging environments require a flexible approach and has provided clients confidence with his professional service.
- Responsible for a complex claim on a high profile £60m retail regeneration project. This involved a collaborative approach to encapsulate quantum & time impacts. The associated works involved forensic review of design, contractual notifications, site records, variation accounts, programme impacts. Documentation and reports where drafted that consisted of time impact analysis and loss & expense claim. The works concluded successfully for our client and they proceed into an agreed commercial settlement with the employer.
- Worked with a forensic planner, where research and evidence was delved from the project records and presented in a dashboard style report. This approach and skillset illustrated vast information into a simplistic dashboard report. It allowed the client to proceed and conduct direct communication with the employer and settle the final account.
- Provided quantum support in conjunction with the expert team for a heavy civils project in central America.
- Preparation, in conjunction with client and in-house legal team, a claim involving quantum and time delays on major airport in the UK.
- Research and report on claim for delay and change on an international aviation project in the UK.
- Performed numerous quantum reviews and reports on project accounts. These have been for clients, contractors, and subcontractors accounts.
- Prepared and compiled numerous contract documents that vary from £100k to £100m. The projects vary from residential, retail, commercial, hotel & leisure and land reclamation. All projects adopted a collaborative approach that involved and engaged with the relevant stakeholders, client, legal team, design team and contractors.