James Spencer has over 25 years’ experience in the property and construction industry spanning projects in both the United Kingdom and Middle East.
James’ career has expanded beyond quantity surveying and cost management to include project management, dispute resolution (quantum and delay) programme management, 3D/4D modelling and BIM.
This exposure has led James into areas including contract management, contract administration, commercial claims, dispute resolution, programming and account managing.
These demanding and challenging environments require a flexible approach with James being commended for providing clients confidence with his professional service.
- Strategic Intervention manager liaising with heads of commercial across all processes for the construction of a new nuclear power station in Somerset, UK.
- Provided commercial support and drafted report inclusive of time impact analysis and loss & expense claim on a high profile £60 million retail regeneration project. Report facilitated the client agreeing commercial settlement with the employer.
- Prepared dashboard style report from project records and presented in conjunction with forensic planner to demonstrate delays and associated quantum to allow the main contractor to conduct direct communication with the employer and settle the final account.
- Provided quantum support in conjunction with the expert team for a heavy civils project in Central America.
- Prepared, in conjunction with client and in-house legal team, a claim involving delay and quantum on major airport in the UK.
- Provided commercial support by researching and drafting report on claim for delay and change on an international aviation project in the UK.
- Performed numerous quantum reviews and reports on project accounts for clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Prepared and compiled numerous contract documents varying on a variety of residential, retail, commercial, hotel & leisure and land reclamation projects. Contract values ranged from £0.1 million to £100 million.