For over 20 years, Cory Milburn has guided clients through management optimization, risk mitigation, and the resolution of challenging situations in the construction industry. His success evolved from various roles in expert-level claims development and defense strategy, CPM scheduling, project controls management, productivity analysis, forensic schedule analysis, contract entitlement, risk management, dispute resolution, and training.
Cory has served in numerous challenging leadership positions throughout top-rated construction companies, government agencies, and consulting firms. He has created and directed training for world-renowned construction and consulting companies, focusing on how to develop effective processes in a limited resource environment.
- Prepared expert report and provided expert testimony on the quantification and responsibility of delays involving the expansion and reconstruction of 14 miles of roadway in California
- Provided expert testimony on the analysis of delays, loss of productivity, and cost overruns for the construction of a new water reservoir in Oregon
- Productivity and CPM delay analysis on behalf of the contractor for the $200 million expansion of a wastewater treatment plant in California.
- Schedule analysis and presentation of delays on a waste-to-energy facility in the United Kingdom.
- Evaluation and response to general contractor and electrical contractor claim for delay and inefficiencies on a new $324 million power generation facility in Alaska.
- Delay analysis on a $34 million state-of-the-art waste to energy facility in Colorado that included evaluation of the impact of late design changes on construction.
- Project scheduling and project controls oversight of a $240 million crude oil rail loading facility in North Dakota.
- CPM delay analysis related to the termination for default of an electrical subcontractor on a new $320 million hospital in North Carolina.
- Analysis on loss of productivity and critical path delays on a $30 million underground water pipeline in California.
- Evaluation and response regarding a $27 million claim by the contractor for delays and inefficiencies during the construction of a technology fabrication facility in Oregon.
- Schedule review and reporting on behalf of the owner for a $500 million airport expansion project in Arizona.
- Analysis and response to subcontractor claims for delay, disputed changes, and loss of labor productivity during the construction of a $165 million water treatment facility.
Construction, Expert Witness
Cory Milburn is a top-drawer practitioner who is highlighted by impressed sources for his deep understanding of CPM delay analysis.
Cory Milburn is a well-respected quantum and delay expert, praised for the unstinting accuracy of his work. Sources further dub him “responsive” and “very articulate”.
Construction, Quantum and Delay
Cory Milburn is “extremely responsive and intelligent, and a pleasure to work with”. He is “exceptionally persuasive and provides highly competent testimony”.
Cory Milburn is “extremely good at what he does” in quantum and delay. He is commended by sources for his “willingness to collaborate with the client in problem solving”.
Cory Milburn “is responsive to client needs” and impresses market commentators with “his ability to identify, understand and articulate the issues”.