Charlie Heckman has over thirty years of experience in the construction industry. He is a licensed engineer and has been qualified as an expert in delay analysis, claims analysis, quantum and construction management. He has provided consulting services and analyses in the following areas: CPM scheduling, contract administration, critical path delay, cost estimating, loss of efficiency, design errors and omissions, liability and issue analyses, damages calculations and risk assessment analyses.
Charlie’s past experience includes performing project management, construction management, contract administration, engineering, planning, and scheduling. He has managed contracts valued in excess of $100 million including industrial, commercial and environmental projects. He has provided design reviews, risk analysis, and claims analysis services.
Charlie’s deep and diverse experience has allowed him to become well versed in the construction process, providing expertise for evaluating and formulating claims on behalf of owners and contractors. He has provided expert testimony numerous times, in arbitration, deposition, court, and board proceedings.
- Provided expert testimony on multiple occasions including:
- Delay and quantum analysis and testimony on $1 billion, Port of Miami Tunnel project in AAA Arbitration.
- Delay and risk analysis on $600 million Atlantic Bridge in Colon, Panama
- Delay, quantum and inefficiency analysis and testimony on $493 million Frankford Elevated Rail Program in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Delay, quantum and inefficiency analysis and testimony on $480 million Amway Center, sports and entertainment venue in Orlando, Florida.
- Prepared numerous claims on behalf of contractors including:
- Delay, quantum and inefficiency analysis on the $3.9 billion One World Trade Center project in Manhattan, New York
- Delay analysis on $1 billion Brickell City Centre project in Miami, Florida.
- Delay, quantum and inefficiency analysis on $383 million Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in Orlando, Florida.
- Performed numerous claims analysis assignments on behalf of owners and agencies including a delay and quantum analysis on a $100 million claim on a luxury hotel renovation and reconstruction project in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Participated in numerous mediation and settlement discussions.
- Prepared and maintained Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules and recovery schedules for a variety of complex construction projects.
- Prepared and presented schedule and cost risk assessments using Monte Carlo and other techniques on a wide variety of projects.
- Expert witness testimony has been cited as a basis for the findings of fact in several Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals decisions.
Construction, Expert Witness
Charles Heckman comes highly recommended for his “extremely credible advice and opinions that are well supported” as well as his “vast knowledge of construction scheduling”.
Charles Heckman wins widespread plaudits on his impressive ability on scheduling and delay issues on a range of projects.
Charles Heckman boasts over 25 years’ experience in the construction space, where he is commended for his outstanding analyses in relation to delay and scheduling matters.
The ‘top-notch’ Charles Heckman is an experienced expert who handles a broad range of quantum and delay matters.
Construction, Quantum and Delay
Charles Heckman is a first-class expert recognised for his impressive knowledge of the construction industry.
Charles Heckman is highly respected by peers, who praise his “impeccable reports” and say he is “a very persuasive presenter”.