Gene Lash, Senior Director of Delta Consulting Group has over 30 years of experience assisting clients with forensic accounting and economic damage issues. His expertise includes financial fact-finding, forensic accounting, quantification of damages and special purpose audits on a wide variety of construction and commercial related disputes. His construction experience includes quantifying extra work claims, delay and acceleration claims, disruption claims, lost profit claims and identifying the elements of false claims. His commercial experience includes quantifying damages related to breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and patent, trade dress and trademark infringement.
Prior to joining Delta, he was a Director with an international consulting firm and a Senior Manager with a “Big 4” public accounting firm. He has testified in both state and federal courts, in AAA and JAMS arbitrations and in various mediations and negotiations.
- Provided expert rebuttal testimony and quantified damages for extra work and delay resulting from the construction of a bio-mass power plant on the island of Kauai.
- Provided expert rebuttal testimony and quantified delay, acceleration and inefficiency damages resulting from 4 years of both in-water and out-of-water construction of a $60 million bridge in Redding, California.
- Provided expert testimony on lost profits associated with the development of 49 single family homes in Southern California.
- Provided expert testimony on delay, inefficiency and extra work damages associated with the construction of a 5 mile fiber optic cable installation in Fresno, California.
- Provided expert testimony to over $30 million of damages associated with the termination of a design build contractor on a Southern California hospital replacement project under OSHPD jurisdiction.
- Provided expert rebuttal testimony on damages sought by a joint venture for unpaid contract balance, disputed change order requests, extended home office overhead and consequential damages, resulting in a favorable jury verdict.
- Prepared expert damage reports associated with patent, trade dress or trademark infringement for the following products: video games, rock climbing shoes, designer sunglasses, women’s apparel stores, therapeutic hand putty, animal harnesses, and internet computer hardware distribution companies.
- Prepared an expert damages report quantifying for over $380 million of lost profits and additional costs associated with the failure of a headrace tunnel on a hydroelectric project in Panama, which resulted in a favorable settlement.
Construction, Quantum and Delay
Gene Lash continues to garner recommendations from peers for his assiduous collection of pertinent information and practical approach.
Gene Lash ranks highly among peers thanks to his adept handling of complex delay and disruption claims.
Gene Lash is described by sources as “extremely hardworking, diligent and creative.”
Construction, eXPERT WITNESS
Gene Lash is both “extremely hard-working and diligent”, and excels in “developing detailed reports” on economic damages valuation and quantification.
Gene Lash is ‘extremely hard-working’ and provides ‘detailed, supportable reports, with clear practical applications.’ One source effuses that ‘the only drawback is that there is but one Gene Lash.’
Gene Lash is ‘a great consultant’ who wins high praise for his top-notch financial damages valuations, delay analyses and testifying experience.
Gene Lash is an ‘insightful and creative’ expert who is ‘whip smart’ in his observations and advice.