Nathan Swink has over 20 years of combined military, project controls, project management, and dispute resolution experience. Most recently, Nathan has successfully assisted in the resolution of challenging situations in the construction industry by playing a significant role in servicing top-rate construction companies, design firms, government agencies, developers, and consulting firms to prevent, develop, or defend against claims.
Nathan is an expert-level claims and forensic analyst who can determine delay, disruption, productivity loss, cost overruns, liquidated damages, causation, entitlement, and/or damages for his clients. Nathan simplifies complex analyses in the letters, claims, expert reports, and rebuttals that he helps to produce.
- Extended general condition analysis to determine daily rates applicable to project delay.
- Delay and damages analysis on a $275 million highway expansion project located in Florida.
- Delay and damages analysis on a $250 million highway interchange project located in South Carolina.
- Delay, loss of productivity, and damages analysis on behalf of a subcontractor on a mid-rise condominium building in Colorado.
- Delay and damages analysis on a multi-billion-dollar refinery project in Kuwait.
- Delay and damages analysis to rebut a delay claim that exceeded over $40 million on a U.S. Navy project located in South Carolina.
- Delay and entitlement analysis to prove liquidated damages resulting from contractor delays on a mid-rise apartment complex located in Colorado.
- Project management oversight and leadership on commercial projects including new building construction, design build, design assist, and renovations ranging from <$1 million to over $100 million.
- Project controls leader on Oil, Gas, and Chemical projects valued at $150 million to over $1 billion, including two “First of a Kind” technology design-build projects.
- Comprehensive experience managing schedules, cost controls, earned value, contract/subcontract negotiations, change management, claims, submittals, safety, quality, project staffing, and trade coordination.
- Active participation within industry recognized organizations to include the AACE International, AGC of Colorado, and the Design-Build Institute of America.
- U.S. Army veteran of 9 years who developed a disciplined attention-to-detail approach to problem solving, a team first mentality, leadership skills, and a determination to overcome obstacles to ensure successful mission outcomes.