Nathan Swink is a highly capable, goal oriented project management professional with over 18 years of combined military and design-build experience. His leadership qualities and technical abilities allow him to effectively communicate with clients, executives, and teammates.
Nathan’s background includes scheduling, cost engineering, earned value analysis, subcontractor buyout, client relations, quality control, change management, claim/dispute resolution, and overall project execution.
- Provided leadership on commercial projects including new building construction, design build, design assist, and renovations ranging from <$1 million to $75 million.
- Project controls leader on Oil, Gas, and Chemical projects valued at $150 million to over $1 billion, including two “First of a Kind” technology design-build projects.
- Chaired meetings that addressed safety, quality, scheduling, cost controls, change management, earned value and profitability expectations with executives, owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and staff.
- Oversaw project scheduling and reporting to include interdisciplinary integration, critical path analysis, resource loading, cost loading, forecasting, look ahead and recoveries.
- Responsible for cost controlling that included the development of work breakdown structures, estimate reviews, budget loading, forecasting, profitability, trending and billing.
- Worked with owners, design team, and subcontractors to assist in value engineering opportunities, gaps and constructability concerns.
- Led teams during planning, scheduling, cost engineering, earned value, and program management efforts on projects valued up to $150 million within a variety of industries to include oil & gas, telecommunications, and global facilities.
- Developed relations with growing regional global practice, which resulted in oversight of design-build support on over 40 projects for two major clients totaling almost $150 million.
- Negotiated several subcontracts below budget, leading to higher contingency buckets on multiple GMP projects.
- Served as lead scheduler in engineering, procurement, and construction phases.
- Conducted cost controls and trend analysis overseeing critical commodities.
- Oversaw earned value management for several critical path commodities.