Matthew Nichols has more than seven years of experience as a project controls professional and specializes in construction claim analysis, critical path method (CPM) scheduling, and risk management.
Matthew has analyzed entitlement, impacts, and additional costs on owner, contractor, and subcontractor claims for private contractors, private owners, and public agencies in the United States and abroad. Matthew has created, updated, and rebaselined schedules and analyzed schedule constructability, performance, and quality for projects ranging from $1 million to $15 billion.
Matthew has experience on airport, bridge, dam, hotel, mass transit, nuclear, oil & gas, water, and wastewater projects in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Middle East, and Australia.
- Developed the schedule analysis for a request for equitable adjustment and time extension for an oil & gas megaproject in North America.
- Developed the schedule analysis for a time extension request for an oil & gas megaproject in the Middle East.
- Performed a critical path analysis and assisted in the development of an expert report in response to a contractor claim for a cable-stayed bridge in Central America.
- Analyzed the schedule impact of a utility delay for a high-rise hotel and residential building in Washington, D.C.
- Analyzed the rates of material production and installation equipment, and performed a critical path analysis in response to a subcontractor claim for a 6.5-mile water tunnel in Texas.
- Designed the scheduling architecture for the capital planning system replacement for a natural gas exploration and production company in Texas.
- On a monthly basis, during the construction of an $18B+ oil & gas megaproject in North America, provided an independent analysis of the schedule’s performance and quality to the contractor.
- On a monthly basis, during the construction of a pump station project in North Carolina, provided an independent analysis of the schedule’s performance and quality to the owner.
- Rebaselined and maintained the schedule for three simultaneously-constructed cast-in-place bridges in Texas.
- Rebaselined and maintained the schedule for a 150 MGD wastewater treatment plant in Texas.
- Maintained the schedule for a nuclear decontamination and decommissioning project in New York.