Andres Crespo is an Engineer and Project Management Professional providing Construction Consulting services. He specializes in claim and dispute resolution, management consulting, project management, and project risk management. He also supports project audits, project progress/performance reviews, and damage/loss recovery for clients at any point in the construction lifecycle. Andres provides data/document analysis, data management, and document control for a variety of services and industries.
Project ExperienceLitigation Support and Dispute Resolution Oil/Gas/LNG/Power/Process
- Multi-Billion USD Pipeline Construction Project – Project Risk Assessment for delay and cost overrun claim. Assisted this Canadian pipeline Owner identifying key events and potential risks on this project dispute. Performed Management of Change audit by providing review and analysis of entitlement and quantum support of change order requests made by subcontractor in connection with this claim.
- More than 1 Billion USD claim regarding construction of this specialty chemical facility – Expert Reports concerning construction, commissioning, start-up/operation, and efforts to meet Performance Test.
- Multi Million Central Gathering Facility – Led sections of an invoice audit process and productivity analysis that included EAC analysis for this Midwest CGF, raised after mishandling of invoice processing from contractor.
- Multi Billion USD arbitration between a multinational contractor and a JV Partnership on a world scale chemical facility. Led elements of the entitlement review for completion status and change management processes. Provided technical reviews relating to construction standards and alleged defects. Contributed to several expert reports and arbitration prep.
- 1 Billion USD Natural Gas Pipeline Upgrade Project – Project Governance Assessment and project management consulting for this Canadian pipeline Owner/Operator. Evaluated project processes and provided analysis toward bringing pipeline operator up to industry best practice.
- 400 Million USD Claim. Dispute in connection with EPC development of a Carbon Capture facility. Performed analysis, led sections and assisted in developing expert report and rebuttal report in connection with this facility in North America. Analysis included Commissioning deficiencies and Quality Management.
- 350 Million USD Combined Cycle Generation Plant. Evaluated estimating processes for this EPC Contractor and provided expert analysis regarding standard of care for EPC bid package preparation after project execution overrun.
- 3 Billion USD Refinery Expansion Program – Project Risk Assessment and Project Governance Review.
- 6 Billion USD Natural Gas Plant Project development – Review and analysis of cost overrun causation for this large multinational EPCO contractor.
- 600 Million USD Claim. Petrochemical Facility Construction – Support to developer against claims for time/cost by the constructor.
- 5 Billion USD LNG Plant – Risk Assessment and Project Planning support.
- Contract claim for differing site conditions on a multi – Billion USD light rail system – Expert report supporting a municipal Transportation Authority. Change Order/Claim defense for construction of a multi - Billion USD light rail system
- 15 Billion USD Port Redevelopment and Concession Program – Risk assessment for Middle Eastern Holding Company. Istanbul, Turkey.
- 85 Million USD Claim – Municipality in Southeast USA had defective sewer piping installed. Expert analysis and damage calculations/estimates.
- 20 Million USD Claim – Micro Fuel Handling Facility in Puerto Rico. Expert Report for disputed change orders and invoices. Evaluated contractor change management process against best industry practices and contract requirements.
- 50 Million USD Luxury Hotel Claim after hurricane - Validated insurance adjuster estimates with contractor scope/estimates. Developed scope of work for needed repairs and coordinated RFI responses. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
- Real Estate Development Claim – Performed cost and standard of care analysis of developer and construction management firm associated with cost overruns and payment issues. Authored sections of submitted expert report.
- 50 Million USD dispute in this JV Partnership of a power generation equipment manufacturer and a parts producer. Reviewed and analyzed business model and compared to actual results of the JV. Performed cost breakdown analysis and analyzed parts qualification approval process to assess delays in the parts production plan.
- Pipe Manufacturing Plant – Project Risk Assessment for Construction and Operations.
- Multi-million USD claim on a Waste Processing Facility – Developed “as-built” schedule from project records and performed analysis of correspondence and reports to support development of a schedule impact expert report.
- 50 Million USD Mining Project Extension of Time claim – Schedule and Cost analysis for a multinational EPC contractor in South America that included a project progress database construction based on weekly progress reports and other related project records. Lima, Peru.
- Evaluation/Audit of project management processes, contracting compliance and financial transactions policies by international EPC firm in Latin America. Assisted DFLT investigation by leading face-to-face interviews with firm executives, finance and project management team at multiple locations in Argentina, Dominican Republic, and Panama.
- Project Governance and Project Risk Management Program for EPC Contractor and Power Industry Fabricator – include bid/no bid processes and Gate Review Process development.