Ralph Koch has been an Audit Partner at a Big Four public accounting firm where he worked with clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. He also has more than 25 years’ experience as a hands-on Chief Financial Officer in many industries including aerospace and defense (design, development, and manufacturing), contracting services, life sciences, IT/software, pension plans, and financial services.
His financial, accounting and management experience includes public and private equity raises and senior/mezzanine debt and municipal bond financings (>$1B), import/export financing, credit guarantees, SEC financial reporting, mergers & acquisitions, due diligence, financial forecasting, strategic planning, business assessments and valuations, ERP systems implementations, fraud investigations, internal control reviews, program and project cost reviews, cost and damages claims and contractual disputes.
- Led the assessment and calculations of multi-million damage claims for a commercial office project to determine Owner/Developer delay claims (including lost rents/profits) against the General Contractor and related delay and direct cost claims against defaulting subcontractors.
- Led the assessment and calculation of lost profits worth more than $50 million for a heavy civil contractor in a breach of contract claim against the Owner of a North American mining operation.
- Co-led the assessment and rebuttal of a claim in excess of $100 million for a large energy project in the South. Damage claims included project delays and lost labor productivity.
- Prepared expert reports and testified for multi-million international loan transaction for an Oil and Gas Project located in Africa in a case brought before the LCIA.
- Prepared expert report for a breach of Fiduciary Duties claim brought by a Trustee in a Bankruptcy case.
- Prepared expert report for a Shareholders lawsuit alleging financial fraud and misrepresentation in a Bankruptcy case.
- Led the forensic analysis and prepared the expert report on damages for a multi-million construction project delay claim for a $200 million+ waste-water treatment plant in a state superior court in the Northeast.
- Led the forensic analysis and development of an expert report on a breach of contract claim worth tens of millions of dollars for IT outsourcing services for a major European Telecommunications company.
- For a software company located on the West Coast, performed an analysis, and calculated performance metrics supporting the termination of a management team for failure to reach financial goals. Prepared rebuttal expert report. Damages claimed exceed $35 million.
- Conducted the review and analysis for a professional standards of care matter involving an accountant practicing public accountancy in Maryland and Virginia without a valid license.