Mikaela Hutchison has over 5 years of experience in the construction industry as a project scheduler, scheduling analyst, project engineer and operations analyst. She is proficient in Primavera P6, having used it to develop, progress and manage project schedules for large (> $100 million) regional design-build infrastructure projects.
Mikaela possesses exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. Her specialties include project controls, project scheduling (P6), schedule analysis, earned value management, cost analysis/cost control, data analysis, manpower forecasting and critical path analysis.
- Collaborated with design and construction managers to develop, progress, and manage integrated P6 schedules for large (> $100M) regional design-build infrastructure projects.
- Translated large schedule and cost data sets into simple yet insightful dashboards to help management make impactful project level decisions.
- Created weekly and monthly earned value reports for each discipline and the project overall. This included importing and analyzing weekly earnings and interpreting performance curve data to provide manpower forecasts.
- Lead the initiative to implement a new earned value management system using Tableau. Conducted several trainings and informational sessions about the system, which continues to be used on all existing and future design-build projects.
- Prepared monthly schedule narratives submitted to project owners.
- Managed and supervised day-to-day operation on assigned commercial building projects ranging from $3 to $15 million. Responsible for overall financial performance including continual cost control, management, and forecasting.
- Assisted in preparation of budget, monthly billings, and contracts as well as buyout and negotiation of subcontractors and vendors.
- Worked closely with field managers to procure and schedule just in time daily material and equipment deliveries and schedule manpower per the latest contract schedule.
- Developed and continued to improve programs designed to determine inventory needs at a given time throughout the year. Worked with senior management to implement software into several facilities across the country and analyzed large data sets to recommend cost reducing procedures.
- Completed environmental field investigations in all weather conditions, on difficult terrain, and under high-pressure time constraints. Utilized advanced problem-solving skills to derive solutions to ecological concerns.