John Cleary has over 6 years experience, in project controls and scheduling, executing large capital projects through all phases of engineering and construction. His recent project experience includes managing the project schedules for three concurrent projects, with combined cost of $140 million.
Additionally, his experience includes developing and maintaining earned value progress systems, change order management, cost forecasting, and contractor coordination.
- Served as sole project controls specialist, seconded to the client, on a large capital refinery expansion in the Midwest region. Responsibilities included using Primavera P6 to plan and maintain the project schedules through mechanical completion, develop the earned value progress system, and provide cost forecasting to refinery management.
- Negotiated the final settlement on the main mechanical contractor’s lump sum contract. Reduced settlement was negotiated by leveraging the project’s earned value progress records, proving the contractor achieved less than their contract specified performance.
- Developed an excel based control level schedule, utilizing VBA, to standardize the input Engineering discipline leads provided to project controls. The control level schedule proved successful on the initial project, was adopted by several engineering department leads, and continues to be used today.
- Utilized Primavera P6, successfully planned and helped implement just in time delivery for main heater components by coordinating with heater erection contractor, heater fabricator, and shipping company. This saved in increased shipment costs, due to eliminating the need for trucks to wait on site. Approximately 10 key deliveries were planned and achieved just in time delivery.
- Served as project control specialist in the engineering home office on a $200 million oil and gas project in the USA. Responsibilities included initial construction planning in Primavera P6 and recasting of the Class III estimate to establish cost and quantity baseline for material accounts and underlying purchase orders.