Amar Majid is a quantity surveyor with over 9 years’ experience within the construction industry predominantly working on domestic and commercial new build and refurbishment projects in the UK. He has more recently provided quantum support on large commercial damages claims on civil infrastructure projects in the Americas, and power projects in the UK.
He has worked in all capacities as a quantity surveyor with an increasing focus on assessing claimed damages for arbitration claims. He is proficient in making sense of and challenging cost claims. He is highly regarded by his clients for analysing complex issues objectively and providing reasoned advice.
- Commercial management of associated civils work for runway resurfacing at Gloucestershire Airport, through to agreement of final account. NEC4 Option B.
- Cost advisory services on mechanical & electrical and steel procurement packages ranging in value from £21 million up to £36 million on a new build power station Somerset, UK.
- Quantum services on a rebuttal to a large $118 million labor cost claim by an international contractor during the construction of a canal extension in South America. Roles included validation of costs and critiquing the methodology of the claimed costs.
- Quantum services on $75 million claim for additional costs on two HVDC substations in North America. Role included analyzing damages claimed, making necessary adjustments, and writing up report on damages and re-assessment.
- Quantum services on a $135 million claim for additional costs by an international contractor on a canal extension in Central America. Role included analyzing damages making necessary adjustments and re-assessing costs.
- Post contract QS services on a high-end spa re-build with an international construction company totaling £10 million suffered floods from a burst drainpipe mid-construction.
- 150 bed hotel and restaurant new build in London totaling £11 million. Managed 20nr builders packages for pricing. Costs were controlled throughout the build and final accounts settled upon completion.
- Pre-contract quantity surveyor on £6 million three story extension of an existing 3 story hotel in London. Services included tender enquiry and procurement of main contractor.
- Provided scheduling services for £3.5 million conversion of existing residential space into serviced apartments.
- Performed a tender analysis and client recommendation on a £1.5 million conversion of an existing building into apartments.