Amar Majid is a Quantity Surveyor with extensive commercial experience on residential, health and commercial/mixed use projects. He has worked as a QS in both consultancy and contracting organizations planning costs, managing the tender process, placing orders, controlling change and settling final accounts.
Amar’s broad experience as a Quantity Surveyor working on both contracting and client side gives him the ability to look at often complex issues objectively and to manage and to resolve them in a proactive manner.
- High-end spa rebuild with an international construction company totaling ~£9.8 million suffered flood damage from a burst drain pipe mid-construction. Up to 15nr subcontract packages were rigorously managed as well as the main contract to maximise cost recovery.
- New build of 150 bed hotel and restaurant in London totaling ~£11 million. Managed 20nr builders packages during procurement and post contract. Costs were tightly controlled throughout the build and final accounts settled upon completion.
- Managed costs on £6.2 million three story extension on an existing 3 story hotel in London which would continue to operate during construction. The project cost estimate took account of the challenging logistics and M&E strategy and was priced for the client, and put out a final recommendation to the client on which contractor to appoint for the build.
- Provided QS services for ~£3.5 million conversion of existing residential space into serviced apartments. This project involved preparing a pricing schedule based on the design requirements which was then issued to a selection of contractors to price.
- Performed a tender analysis and client recommendation on a ~£1.3 million conversion of an existing building into apartments.
- Working with three different architectural practices, the £2.5 million interior fit out of six apartments and two townhouses was completed.
- Tender analysis/cost reporting and managing costs, certifying payments and settling final accounts.
- High end refurb of semi- detached property. Works included addition of RC basement, top to bottom strip out of services, full property refurbishment.
- Worked on numerous smaller residential new build and fit out projects with private and social housing clients. Deliver schemes from design stage up to completion.