Smita Yamgar has over 9 years of experience in construction management, project management, planning & scheduling, contract administration, contract negotiations, vendor management, design coordination, optimization of construction resources, delay and disruption claims analysis, construction damages analysis. She has led over 20 construction projects with a construction cost totaling over $600 million as lead construction manager. She has presented papers on productivity improvements, skill enhancement, cost optimization, and lean construction methods at international conferences. She has educated students, superintendents, engineers and skilled workers on various topics and techniques. Smita also developed “Lean Champions” to create a healthy working environment in the construction industry.
- Assisted in schedule delay analysis on behalf of one of the parties to a $5 billion public private partnership for finance, design, construction, operation, and maintenance. Construction entity made claims of over $100 million to design professional for scope changes, design errors and omissions, and associated delay and damages. Assisted in drafting an expert report.
- Assisted in an independent assessment of schedule delays using CPM analysis. Along with damages and disruption analysis on a public-private partnership project with construction cost of $2 billion. Assisted in an evaluation claim totaling over $350 million and assisted in drafting an expert report and preparation of exhibits for mediation.
- Prepared the monthly project schedule updates, schedule narratives, progress tracking, TIAs’, legal drafts for extension of time on behalf of the bridge construction contractor.
- Analyzed labor inefficiencies, added scope, schedule delays, critical path delays. Analyzed delays caused by poor logistics and inefficiencies of labor on the project. Assisted in preparing an expert report.
- Quantified standby equipment cost, idle equipment and labor costs, material and labor escalation cost, additional work cost on behalf of a contractor of $132 million cut-off wall rehabilitation project. Reviewed and analyzed REAs’ and assisted in preparing an expert report.
- Analyzed labor productivities, disruption caused by inefficient work force. Prepared productivity analysis using measured miles.
- Worked as a Construction Manager for a general contractor on a $110 million rail project of three lines with a total length 34 miles; value engineered in-the use of structural steel viaduct instead of concrete; managed meetings, issued RFIs and contractual letters of delay and scope increase notices to client; coordinated with contract administration team for contractual claims and preparation of schedule and cost analysis; headed the purchase team in finalizing finishing items by performing cost, feasibility analysis and vendor/contractor evaluation. Set targets for planning, commercial, safety, quality control, contracts teams to avoid time and cost overrun, to reduce waste by the contractor. Assisted with the prime, subcontractor, and supplier invoicing process.
- Appointed as a project lead for design coordination, construction management and contracts administration for two Optical Fiber Industry projects of 4B INR each. Assisted in the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Safety & Health plan, Subcontracting Plan, Project Staffing Plan, Organization Chart, and Procurement Plan. Interfacing with the client for change approvals with Extension of Time (EOT) by preparing and presenting contractual Delay Analysis, Monthly Impact Schedules.