Toby Abram has over 15 years’ of experience in the construction industry, throughout which he has developed specialist Quantity Surveying skills working on a variety of Engineering and Construction projects for UK civil engineers, building contractors and subcontractors.
His experience spans procurement, valuation, variations, commercial management and agreeing final accounts and he has worked across Nuclear, Utilities, Marine, Civils, Building and Transportation sectors.
He has built his experience and knowledge joining clients at any period along the project timeline, from becoming involved in the early the stage of a project and seeing it through to the final account agreement, to joining after the site works have completed and agreeing final accounts.
Throughout his career he has worked on Projects independently where he has been responsible for all aspects of commercial management and has also been a key figure within a Projects commercial team.
- Commercial team member managing the mechanical element for a significant power plant located in the UK. Part of this role is review, assess and implement a large change, dealing with the change and payments mechanisms under NEC contract.
- Quantum analysis of the delay & disruption claims on a canal expansion project including preparing concrete & earthworks damages analysis. Central America.
- Quantum analysis for $4.5 million reinforced concrete subcontractor variations on navy training facilities in South Carolina, US.
- Managed, controlled, and reported on a £6 million groundworks package for a new Ministry of Defence tri-services amenity project for Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Air Force in Hampshire, UK.
- Commercial management of £5 million residential and commercial development. Took full commercial responsibility for project. Role included the valuation and agreement of all variations with client. Valuation and agreement of all variations with sub-contract supply chain. Achieved 38-week award of extension of time plus valued associated loss and expense securing additional payment of £1.2 million of variations and loss and expense.
- Managed, controlled, and reported on a new £5 million culvert installation works within a £22 million train maintenance depot project in Bristol, UK.
- Quantity surveying services on £19 million sewage treatment project as part of the commercial team. Promoted to commercial lead with responsibilities including internal reporting, commercial client care, communication, and resolution of over 40 subcontract accounts.
- Commercial management services for a regional civil engineering company’s Minor project department. Role consisted of tendering, managing, and agreement of final accounts on a multitude of small projects in the South of England.