For over 15 years, Toby Abram has developed specialist Project Surveyor skills working on a raft of Engineering and Construction projects for UK civil engineers, building contractors and subcontractors. His experience spans procurement, valuation, variations, commercial management and agreeing final accounts and he has worked across Nuclear, Utilities, Marine, Civils, Building and Transportation sectors.
Toby has built his experience and knowledge joining clients at any period along the project timeline, from becoming involved in the early the stage of a project and seeing it through to the final account agreement, to joining after the site works have completed and finalising the final account.
Throughout his experience Toby has worked on Projects as the person solely responsible for commercial management including reporting and has also been a key figure within a Projects commercial team.
- Part of a commercial team managing the mechanical element for a significant power plant located in the UK. Part of this role is review, assess and implement a large change, dealing with the change and payments mechanisms under the NEC contract.
- Supported in expert analysis of the delay & disruption claims on the Panama Canal Expansion Project, including preparing concrete & earthworks damages analysis.
- Brought into commercially challenging £5m Residential and Commercial development mid-project. Took full commercial responsibility for project. Valued and agreed all variations with client. Valued and agreed all claims with sub-contract supply chain. Awarded an extension of time plus valued associated loss & expense. Secured additional payment of £1.2m of Variations & loss & expense.
- Managed, controlled, and reported on a new £5m Culvert works within a £22m train maintenance depot project in Bristol, UK.
- Brought into a failing £19m sewage treatment project as part of the commercial team. Promoted to lead commercial role with responsibilities including reporting, commercial client care and resolution of over 40 subcontract accounts.
- Managing the commercial role and responsibilities of a regional civil engineering company’s Minor project department. Tendering, managing, and finalizing a multitude of small projects in the South of England.
- Played a key role as part of a commercial team delivering a £20m new recycling depot in Surrey. Unusually the Contract was a traditional remeasurement Contract based on a National method of measurement requiring an exceptional number of drawing revisions.
- Identified, valuated, negotiated, and agreed £850k of Compensation Events to a £1.2m NEC3 river-bed treatment contract as part of Crossrail in London.
- Supported and participated in the technical analysis of the quantum claims on Navy Training Facilities in South Carolina, including concrete & formwork analysis.
- Managed, controlled, and reported on a £6m groundworks package for a new Ministry of Defence tri-services amenity project for Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Air Force in Hampshire, UK.