For over 13 years, Toby Abram has developed specialist Project Surveyor skills working on a raft of Engineering and Construction projects for UK civil engineers, building contractors and subcontractors. His experience spans procurement, valuation, variations, commercial management and agreeing final accounts and he has worked across Utilities, Marine, Civils, Building and Transportation sectors.
Toby has built his experience and knowledge joining clients at any period along the project timeline, from becoming involved in the early the stage of a project and seeing it through to the final account agreement, to joining after the site works have completed and finalizing the final account.
Throughout his experience Toby has worked on Projects as the person solely responsible for commercial management including reporting and has also been a key figure within a Projects commercial team.
Toby is a valued member of the UK team and is held in high regard by his colleagues and clients.
- Brought into commercially challenging £5m Residential and Commercial development mid-project. Took full commercial responsibility for project. Valued and agreed all variations with client. Valued and agreed all claims with sub-contract supply chain. Achieved 38 week award of extension of time plus valued associated loss and expense. Secured additional payment of £1.2m of Variations and loss and expense.
- Managed, controlled and reported on a new £5m Culvert works within a £22m train maintenance depot project in Bristol, UK.
- Brought into a failing £19m sewage treatment project as part of the commercial team. Promoted to lead commercial role with responsibilities including internal reporting, commercial client care, communication and resolution of over 40 subcontract accounts. Outcome returned a positive margin for project.
- Managing the commercial role and responsibilities of a regional civil engineering company’s Minor project department. Tendering, managing and finalizing a multitude of small projects in the South of England.
- Played a key role as part of a commercial team delivering a £20m new recycling depot in Surrey. Unusually the Contract was a traditional remeasurement Contract based on a National method of measurement requiring an exceptional number of drawing revisions (in excess of 1,600). Remeasured all the civil engineering works including concrete structures and drainage.
- Contract Administration of the £61.5m Main Civils' Package let as a NEC Option C Trade Contract for the construction of a new 1,275 MW gas fired UK CHP power station. Subsequently employed as Contract Administrator for the Main Mechanical Package, value £21.5m, and a number of smaller value works packages.
- Identified, valuated, negotiated and agreed £850k of Compensation Events to a £1.2m NEC3 river-bed treatment contract as part of Crossrail in London.