Ashleigh specializes in forensic CPM schedule analysis, schedule development/updates, and construction claims assistance for owners, contractors, insurers, sureties, and legal counsel. Ashleigh is a certified Planning and Scheduling Professional and has spent over 16 years in the construction industry providing clients with effective scheduling and claims support on varied projects within the residential, commercial, institutional, and infrastructure construction industries. Ashleigh has developed, maintained, and analyzed construction schedules for projects across Canada ranging in value from $3 million to $1.4 billion.
Ashleigh’s strong knowledge and understanding of planning and scheduling processes, delay analysis methodologies, alongside her critical thinking skills allow her to identify and substantiate cause and effect relationships, demonstrate entitlement, and determine the allocation of delay liability and damages. Ashleigh’s ability to prepare construction claims and expert reports has proven instrumental to clients, and she has been a key contributor to negotiation, mediation, and litigation proceedings, including as a testifying expert.
- Monitored the construction progress and schedule updates for the Gilmore Lodge Long Term Care Redevelopment project in Fort Erie, ON. The project included a 160-bed Long Term Care Home and Seniors Wellness Centre spanning more than 156,000 square feet with resident spaces, community spaces and facility service spaces. Conducted weekly progress monitoring, analyzed schedule variances and changes to the critical path, and reviewed schedule achievability. Also assisted with delay analysis and extension of time requests.
- Provided expert services for the contractor on the Arbutus Water Treatment Plant Phase II expansion project in Ladysmith, BC. The project involved construction of a new water treatment facility and residuals handling facility, as well as integration with the existing chlorination facility on site. Conducted a delay analysis and prepared independent and responding expert reports, resulting in a successful settlement outcome at mediation.
- Provided scheduling support and claims assistance for the Bremner Transformer Station and Machine Shop project in Toronto, ON. The project involved construction of a three-level underground design and careful dismantling and rebuilding of the historic Machine Shop on the new station's roof with the support of heritage experts. Conducted weekly progress monitoring, assisted with schedule updates, and analyzed delays and contract changes.
- Assisted with the Hwy 1 Bridge over South Saskatchewan River project in Medicine Hat, SK, following the original contractor's receivership and default. Reviewed the revised project schedule, monitored weekly construction progress, prepared schedule updates, and reported progress to the surety. Conducted an investigation and reconciliation of actual versus recorded labour and equipment usage over the project duration to assist the surety in invoice review and approval.
- Baseline schedule preparation and risk analysis of the schedule for the Highway 407 East Extension, Phase 2 project in Toronto, ON. Conducted a detailed review of the project logistics plan and method of delivery and participated in workshops to establish a project risk matrix with Infrastructure Ontario. Considered various environmental restrictions related to working in existing waterways and ecosystems while developing the construction schedule.