Avi Sharma is an Associate Director with 10 years of global construction experience in commercial construction, heavy civil, and water & wastewater infrastructure projects. His experience includes working in various roles such as project engineer, kick-start project manager, and project scheduler for the entire life cycle of a project from design to project completion. He has been instrumental in the implementation of emerging processes in construction such as lean construction, production rate tracking using 3D imaging, and historical scheduling databases. He has worked on over 150 projects for which he created proposal schedules, baseline schedules, updates, and captured delays and impacts during the life cycle of the projects.
- Developed and maintained effective project schedules for the entire life cycle of construction projects for over 150 projects and over 300 proposal schedules.
- Developed integration of scheduling software (Primavera) with the financial platform (JDE) to receive real-time dashboards with cost and schedule information.
- Youngest employee to be selected by the Managing Director to work alongside McKinsey & Company on “Project Eagle” to standardize processes and enhance productivity & efficiency as the project planning lead for the Water Business Unit of KEC International.
- Acted as a kick-start Project Manager for two water and wastewater treatment plant projects to release early subcontractors, job site mobilization, and complete compliance to start the projects.
- Established a historical database for schedules to improve schedule predictability and the efficiency of the scheduling department.
- Facilitated lean construction initiatives such as the last planner system, visual communication & constraint boards.
- Crashed a concrete dam project schedule and reduced cost using project management levers such as planning & control, process improvement, supply chain optimization, site ops improvement, resource allocation, and capability building as a Planning Lead in Project Eagle pilot project.
- Created and recommended a scheduling and production rate module to StructionSite (a 3D imaging AI capability software).
- Co-authored a white paper on the recommended module with our BIM department and Structionsite. This module improved our ability to send delay notices to the subcontractor during an ongoing activity instead of after the activity and thus, recommending course corrections.
- Conducted various Company-wide training on construction planning and scheduling.