Denis Cronin is a Quantity Surveyor with over 15 years’ of world-wide experience working with general contractors, specialist subcontractors and consultancies across a wide range of industries, including infrastructure, commercial and institutional, healthcare, educational, and residential with projects valued up to multiple billions of dollars. Denis provides contract and commercial support and claims assistance to owners, developers, and contractors, including matters in formal dispute processes i.e., mediation, arbitration, and adjudication.
Denis specializes in contract analysis, data consolidation and analysis, schedule preparation/updates, and providing quantum expert services. His diverse and strong technical and analytical skills come from years of varied and real-world construction experience gained whilst working in various locations throughout the world.
- Lead the Project Advisory and Dispute Resolution team with regards to the commercial aspects under a global leader of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services for the commercial real estate industry. Responsible for gaining and maintaining sustainable growth for the team and manage the day-to-day aspects and responsibilities.
- Responsible for managing and undertaking assessment and analysis of claims with a wide range of varying specialties involving the construction and real estate industry.
- Denis has provided Independent Certifier decisions on a major infrastructure rail project in Ontario.
- Denis provided a quantum claims analysis for a $140M COVID-19 claim, including loss of productivity, on major highway project in Ontario.
- Denis provided lead dispute management support post Contract for a major healthcare infrastructure project. The role was to manage and track the claims and disputed matters and try to bring each matter to a resolution by providing an independent review, analysis and opinion of the matters in dispute.
- Lead testifying Expert on commercial and quantum disputes and has provided multiple expert reports in various arbitration, mediation, and litigation settings.
- Served as Commercial Manager at a leading subcontract expert in specialist high end modular design and construction in the food, data and pharmaceutical industries. Developed Estimating and Quotation Platforms/Systems which increased output in value of quotations and doubled revenue in the first two years.
- Served as leading Senior Quantity Surveyor managing multiple contracts for General Contractors in the Middle East and the UK, responsible for the commercial, contractual and financial aspects of the projects working in a team environment. Most notably:
- Microsoft Data Centre, Dublin – Data – $4.5m, Mar 2017 – Jan 2018
- Halliburton Saihat Expansion, KSA – Industrial/Commercial – $30m, Nov 2013 – May 2015
- Building Schools for Future, Liverpool – Educational – $40m – Jun 2011 – Oct 2013
- Childwall Partnership, Liverpool – Healthcare – $10m – Jul 2010 – Mar 2012