Steven Lynch has over 30 years’ experience working in large civil engineering main contractors, and then in a specialist commercial management and dispute resolution consultancy.
He has vast experience in the preparation, evidencing, and valuation of complex claims, and specializes in the evidencing and valuation of delay claims associated with key Variations or Compensation Events plus their associated loss and expense.
He brings a forensic focus and ‘can-do’ attitude to all challenges and his lived experience of construction and engineering brings practical insight to offer solutions to complex issues. His experience spans transportation, civil engineering, infrastructure, specialist marine, commercial, building, retail, education, and energy.
A key skillset of Steve is his ability to review complex matters, identify a way through the issues, resource, manage, motivate and lead the team though the necessary preparation, negotiation and where required, the formal dispute resolution process.
- Member of Employer’s Strategic Intervention Team on a new build nuclear power station.
- Appointed as quantum expert by Employer in relation to the refurbishment and alteration of a city centre University library.
- Acted for specialist external envelope contractor, in the referral of disputes to adjudication.
- Acted for National Building Contractor in the defence of adjudications on various projects. Subject matters included, city centre demolition of office block, steel frame for commercial development, external envelope for high rise student accommodation, metsec and drylining for high rise student accommodation, roofing dispute on new build school plus roofing dispute on new build care home.
- Preparation of reports on effect of COVID-19 Force Majeure event on LNG project
- in Africa and MOD project in UK.
- Integral team member for expert report rebutting $135 million earthworks claim on project in Latin America.
- Integral team member in preparation of expert report rebutting $75 million insurance claim relating to
- hurricane damage to a hotel resort in the US Virgin Islands.
- Acted for a marine piling contractor in the referral of dispute to adjudication on a ferry berth upgrade.
- Acted for Contractor in referral to adjudication of dispute where Employer committed Repudiatory breach on high rise residential development.
- Acted for Civil Engineering Contractor in the referral to adjudication of highways infrastructure dispute.
- Quantum of claim for variations, delay, associated loss and expense and disruption.