With 30 years’ experience initially in large civil engineering main contractors, and then in a specialist consultancy, Steven Lynch has vast experience in the preparation, evidencing, and valuation of complex construction claims. Steven has a BSc degree in Quantity Surveying, a post graduate Diploma in Arbitration, is a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), and has the Advanced Professional Award in Expert Witness Evidence (APAEWE).
After 10 years working for major contractors in the UK, Steven set up a specialist commercial management and dispute resolution consultancy in London in 2000, which was merged with Delta Consulting in 2019. Steven specializes in the evidencing and valuation of delay claims inclusive of the correct valuation of the key Variations or Compensation Events plus their associated loss and expense. A key skillset of Steven is his ability to review complex matters, identify a way through the issues, resource, manage, motivate and lead the team though the necessary preparation, negotiation and where required, the formal dispute resolution process.
His experience spans transportation, civil engineering, infrastructure, specialist marine, commercial, building, retail, education, and energy. Steven brings a forensic focus and ‘can-do’ attitude to all challenges and his lived experience of construction and engineering brings practical insight to offer solutions to complex issues.
- Preparation of reports on effect of COVID-19 Force Majeure event on LNG project in Africa and MOD project in UK.
- Integral team member for expert report rebutting $135m earthworks claim on project in Latin America.
- Adjudication defense for Tier 1 Contractor on disputes arising on an educational facility in Liverpool and commercial office project in Manchester.
- Preparation of expert report rebutting $75m insurance claim relating to hurricane damage to a hotel resort in the US Virgin Islands.
- Adjudication, marine dispute relating to construction of new ferry berth, West coast of Scotland.
- Represented Contractor in dispute on £9m high rise residential development.
- Quantum of claim for variations, delay, associated loss and expense and disruption due to loss of productivity on envelope trade contract as part of £110m mixed-use retail, casino, cinema, and hotel development in the UK.
- Commissioned by Contractor on high-profile £12m bridge contract to implement valuation of Compensation Events strategy through to agreement of £9m of additional payment.
- Evidenced and negotiated payment of £2.5m claim on marine outfall project for specialist marine contractor. Renegotiated contract from initial lump sum to cost reimbursable contract.
- Undertook Quantum valuation for civil engineering contractor on urban highway dual carriageway project inclusive of evidencing loss of productivity/ disruption claim. Secured payment of £2m for variations and £0.85m for disruption.