With 30 years experience initially in large civil engineering main contractors and then in a specialist consultancy, Steven Lynch has vast experience in the preparation, evidencing and valuation of complex claims. Steve has a BSc degree in Quantity Surveying, a post graduate Diploma in Arbitration and is a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
After 10 years working for national UK contractors, Steve set up in 2000 a specialist commercial management and dispute resolution consultancy in London which was merged into Delta Consulting in 2019. Steve specializes in the evidencing and valuation of delay claims inclusive of the correct valuation of the key Variations, loss & expense or Compensation Events. A key skillset of Steve’s is his ability to review complex matters, identify a way through the issues, resource, manage, motivate and lead the team though the necessary preparation, negotiation and where required, formal dispute resolution process.
His experience spans transportation, civil engineering, infrastructure, specialist marine, commercial, building, retail, education and energy. Steve brings a forensic focus and ‘can-do’ attitude to all challenges and his lived experience of construction and engineering brings practical insight to offer solutions to complex issues.
- Responsible for set-up and implementation of strategy on £9m high rise residential development to protect Contractor where Employer committed fundamental planning breach. Matter referred to Adjudication. Decision in favour of Contractor deciding Employer had committed Repudiatory breach.
- Quantum of claim for variations, delay, associated loss and expense and disruption due to loss of productivity on envelope trade contract as part of £110m mixed-use retail, casino, cinema and hotel development in the UK. Substantiation included windows analysis. Claim progressed to litigation, settling during pre-action protocol.
- Commissioned by Contractor on high-profile £12m bridge contract to implement valuation of Compensation Events strategy through to agreement of £9m of additional payment.
- Working with specialist planner, researched, evidenced and produced windows analysis on £12m residential scheme including valuation of loss and expense caused by delay. Matter referred to Adjudication resulting in £1m negotiated settlement.
- Evidenced and negotiated payment of £2.5m claim on marine outfall project for specialist marine contractor. Renegotiated contract from initial lump sum to cost reimbursable contract.
- Undertook Quantum valuation for civil engineering contractor on urban highway dual carriageway project inclusive of evidencing loss of productivity/ disruption claim. Secured payment of £2m for variations and £0.85m for disruption.