Aakash Arun has over 7 years of experience and exposure in construction project advisory, project management, and construction litigation. As a Construction Consultant, Mr. Arun has experience in schedule and delay analysis, claims development and defense, productivity and labor analysis, project controls, construction cost analysis, contract administration, project and program management, and dispute resolution. He also worked on the valuation of tangible assets including real estate and personal property at KPMG. Mr. Arun is proficient in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Office tools in the collection, organization, and management of large data sets.
- Worked on construction schedule delay and damages claims on public transit projects, hospitals, refineries, educational institutions, manufacturing facilities, hospitals, public transit, and heavy infrastructure in the US and Canada. Examples of such engagements include multimillion dollar hospital renovations and additions in Ontario and Florida, transit system expansions in Ontario, Construction of new refineries in Texas, Louisiana, and Latin America, Subcontractor renovations to airport lounges in the Middle East, and construction of a large convention center in Washington state.
- Prepared a detailed critical path delay analysis and quantification of damages on a multibillion-dollar Propane Dehydrogenation (PDH) facility in Texas. Mr. Arun was involved in data analysis and organization to develop cost variances, schedule variances, and quantify delay incurred to the substantial completion date of the project. Mr. Arun presented results of schedule delay analysis to the client and developed expert report sections.
- Prepared an expert report and detailed schedule delay analysis on a multimillion-dollar transit system expansion project in Ontario, Canada. Mr. Arun reviewed the contractor’s schedules and collaborated with client to determine the causes of delays to the project substantial completion.
- Prepared an expert report and detailed schedule delay analysis on a multimillion-dollar construction and renovation of a hospital in Ontario, Canada. Mr. Arun performed a detailed critical path analysis and reviewed client schedules to calculate delays in critical work packages for the renovation and construction of the hospital.
- Assisted with schedule delay analysis and review related to the construction of a major convention center in Washington state. Mr. Arun reviewed contractor schedule updates in Primavera P6 and MS Excel to obtain an understanding of how subcontractor durations and dates changed in successive updates for the construction of the building envelope, concrete pouring, and miscellaneous steel installation.
- Delivered real estate and personal property valuation services at KPMG for purchase price allocations on engagements in the manufacturing, healthcare, and entertainment industries and exhibited expertise in client data analysis and organization for reports.
- Administered design and project management tasks as an intern for Germany’s National Railway – Deutsche Bahn on multi-million-dollar infrastructure projects across Eastern Germany. Inspected the construction of a $2.60 Billion railway bridge project and provided oversight of on-site issues with subcontractors in Germany.