Nathan Brock has over fifteen years of experience in the construction industry. He has provided expert analysis and testimony for delay, disruption, quantum, lost profits, loss of productivity, and termination damages. Nathan also provides consulting and advisory services for cost audits, evaluation of risk, and the preparation and evaluation of changes or REAs.
Prior to his entrance into consulting, Nathan held various project management positions on private and US Government construction projects in the US, Canada, Northern Africa, and throughout the Middle East. Throughout his career, he has worked a wide variety of projects including roads & bridges, oil & gas, hydroelectric power, commercial, single & multi-family residential, hospitals, hotels, floodwalls, canals, and treatment facilities.
- Damages analysis in defense of claims related to construction of the expanded Panama Canal and fabrication of Lock Gates. In support of ICC arbitration with alleged damages exceeding $380 million.
- Completed analysis and economic damages model in defense of lost profits claim originating from delayed completion of $110 million medical facility.
- Damages analysis for claims related to the construction of a $9 billion hydroelectric station in Canada.
- Evaluation and settlement of $75 million REA for design changes on $1.3 billion USACE floodwall project.
- Expert testimony for affirmative delay, damages, and lost profits claim related to the construction of a luxury apartment building in Lincoln Park, Chicago.
- Completed analysis and presented findings at mediation in defense of delay, loss of productivity, defective specification, acceleration, and direct cost claims exceeding $45 million.
- Financial damages analysis and testimony in support of ASBCA case analyzing the reasonable cost of work not performed for the expansion of nuclear submarine training facility.
- Damages analysis and expert testimony in defense of eight claims before the ASBCA under a Business Operations & Support Services (BOSS) contract.
- Damages analysis and expert testimony in defense of $1 million defective specification claim associated with a historical US Government building.
- Prepared change proposal to owner and assisted in negotiation of subcontractor proposals for $130 million wastewater treatment plant in Canada.
- Damages in support of UNCITRAL arbitration for lost income and economic/financial imbalance of $400 million roadway concession agreement in Peru.
- Responsible for delivery of $175 million program for software development and aircraft production on behalf of the US Air Force.
- Provided purchasing and subcontracting management services on $1.3 billion Inner Harbor Navigation Canal EPC project in New Orleans, LA. Led team that successfully analyzed, negotiated, and resolved a $75 million design change.