Nathan Brock is an expert in quantification of damages with over 15 years of experience in the construction and commercial damages arenas. He has provided litigation support for capital project issues including delay, loss of productivity and a variety of changed conditions. During his career, he has successfully evaluated, quantified, and negotiated disputes on behalf of the US Army, US Army Corp of Engineers, and many government and commercial contractors. He has provided commercial damages expertise for issues related to loss and disgorgement of profits. Nathan also works with pre-litigation clients to help establish entitlement, quantum and litigative risk for a variety of project issues.
- Completed quantum analysis for claims related to construction of the expanded Panama Canal and fabrication of Lock Gates. In support of ICC arbitration with alleged damages exceeding $1.5 billion.
- Engaged as expert by the US Navy for eight certified claims before the ASBCA under a Business Operations & Support Services (BOSS) contract.
- Prepared damages model and rebuttal report for $32 million Loss of Profits claim resulting from lost revenues during construction of $110 million hospital facility.
- Engaged in support of UNCITRAL arbitration for the quantification of economic damages associated with lost income and economic/financial imbalance for roadway concession agreement.
- Authored expert report on behalf of the Navy in support of ASBCA case analyzing the reasonable construction cost of work not performed.
- Engaged by Canadian client to prepare change proposal to owner and assist in negotiation of subcontractor proposals for $130 million wastewater treatment plant.
- Co-Author and named expert for five delay and damages expert reports in support of ASBCA claims exceeding $40 million associated with the construction of three Navy buildings.
- Quantification and submission of claim for highway expansion project related to delay and damages from defective specifications.
- Completed quantification and rebuttal of intellectual property damages for loss of profits, disgorgement of profits, and corrective advertising costs.
- Responsible for delivery of $175 million program for software development and aircraft production on behalf of the US Air Force.
- Lead claims manager for a global engineering Fortune 500 company in support of a $40+ billion US Army contract troop sustainment and contingency support effort for 135,000 U.S. Army and DOS staff.
- Engaged to provide senior level purchasing and contracts management involving staff augmentation for a $4.1 billion Greenfield EPCM Project in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Provided purchasing and subcontracting management services on $1.3 billion Inner Harbor Navigation Canal EPC project in New Orleans, LA. Led team that successfully analyzed, negotiated, and resolved a $75 million design change.