Nathan specializes in commercial damages with an emphasis on domestic and international energy and engineering/construction projects. He has provided litigation support for terminations and breach of contract issues including delay, loss of productivity, and a variety of changed conditions. He has provided economic damages expertise for issues related to lost profits and disgorgement of profits. Nathan also works with pre-litigation clients to help establish entitlement, quantum and litigative risk for a variety of project issues.
- Damages analysis and trial participation in defense of claims related to construction of the expanded Panama Canal and fabrication of Lock Gates. In support of ICC arbitration with alleged damages exceeding $380 million.
- Completed analysis and economic damages model in defense of $32 million lost profits claim originating from delayed completion of $110 million medical facility. Analysis resulted in claimant dropping all lost profits claims.
- Completed analysis and presented findings at mediation in defense of delay, loss of productivity, defective specification, acceleration, and direct cost claims exceeding $45 million resulting in a favorable settlement for our client.
- Financial damages analysis and testimony in support of ASBCA case analyzing the reasonable cost of work not performed for the expansion of nuclear submarine training facility resulting in a favorable pre-trial settlement for our client.
- Commercial and economic damages analysis and expert testimony in defense of eight claims before the ASBCA under a Business Operations & Support Services (BOSS) contract.
- Damages analysis and expert testimony in defense of $1 million defective specification claim associated with roof repairs to a historical US Government building.
- Engaged by Canadian client to prepare change proposal to owner and assist in negotiation of subcontractor proposals for $130 million wastewater treatment plant.
- Economic damages in support of UNCITRAL arbitration for lost income and economic/financial imbalance of $400 million roadway concession agreement in Peru.
- Quantification and submission of claim for highway expansion project related to delay and damages from defective specifications.
- Responsible for delivery of $175 million program for software development and aircraft production on behalf of the US Air Force.
- Lead claims manager for a global engineering Fortune 500 company in support of a $40+ billion US Army contract troop sustainment and contingency support effort for 135,000 U.S. Army and DOS staff.
- Provided purchasing and subcontracting management services on $1.3 billion Inner Harbor Navigation Canal EPC project in New Orleans, LA. Led team that successfully analyzed, negotiated, and resolved a $75 million design change.