David has over 15 years hands on experience in Civil Engineering and Construction spanning procurement through to conclusion of detailed final accounts. Bringing a highly professional approach to all his projects, he is highly regarded by clients due to his attention to detail and focus on end results.
His experience spans building, civils, energy, MOD and rail. Working on complex, large value tenders and a number of prestigious construction projects, he has gained valuable experience and understanding of a variety of construction processes and the consequential commercial impacts.
- Integral team member for the compilation and submission of Expert report rebutting a $75m insurance claim relating to hurricane damage to a Hotel resort in the US Virgin Islands.
- Defence of Adjudication for Tier 1 Contractor on a dispute arising on an Educational facility in Liverpool, UK.
- Procurement support for a major central London utilities project, value circa £400m.
- Commercial representation for Main Contractor on a £35m station fit-out project on the underground network in central London, UK. Responsible for procurement of Subcontract Packages, Change Control, Contract Administration and internal cost reporting. Client representative at legal workshops on both domestic and Client disputes.
- Subcontract and Main Contract Administration for £275m C310 Thames Tunnel section of the prestigious Crossrail tunnelling Project in central London, UK.
- Procurement support for 2 stage tender for the York Potash Materials Transport System Tender, York, UK. Tender value circa £1Bn. Responsible for compilation, issuing and analysing Subcontract Package bids for inclusion within the Final Bid Submission.
- Procurement support for a major central London utilities project, value circa £600m.
- Lead Quantity Surveyor for a sub-contractor on a £39m refurbishment project at Blackfriars Bridge in central London.
- Contract Administration of the £61.5m Main Civils' package, £21.5m Main Mechancial package and a number of smaller value packages for the construction of a new 1,275 MW gas fired UK CHP power station.