David Keaveney is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with over 19 years’ experience in Civil Engineering and Construction covering procurement through to conclusion of detailed final accounts. David has gained valuable experience working on complex, prestigious construction projects including large value tenders. This has included understanding a variety of construction and engineering processes and alternative dispute resolution methods.
Working on projects and disputes located in the UK, US, Central America and the Caribbean, he has experience spanning a broad range of project sectors including infrastructure, tunneling, mining, energy, education, rail, marine, commercial, and residential.
David brings a highly professional approach to all his work and is highly regarded by clients due to his attention to detail and focus on end results.
- Quantum analysis and expert report preparation for the earthworks element of ICC Arbitration claim on a canal expansion project in Central America.
- Provided delay analysis for a £1.5 million subcontractor extension of time claim on a Great Western rail project in England, UK.
- Provided commercial management and project advisory services for principal subcontractor on a £4 million National Highways project in East Sussex, UK.
- Project advisory services for an extension of time claim on a £2 million internal fit-out subcontract on a prestigious spa facility in Hampshire, UK.
- Provided project advisory services for the £0.65 million demolition of Eastern Dolphin Berth Civils modifications within the Port of Dover for a new DFDS Vessel.
- Board paper author requesting approval for the procurement of the multi-disciplined, multi-national team required for the £400 million commissioning phase of the construction of a new nuclear power station in Somerset, UK.
- Quantum analysis for expert report on $28 million wrongful termination dispute at a Gold Mine in North America.
- Quantum analysis for expert report on a $21 million ground engineering dispute on the central subway network in North America.
- Quantum support on the defence of £1 million adjudication for Tier 1 contractor on a dispute arising on an University facility in Liverpool, UK.
- Quantum support and preparation of expert report rebutting $75 million insurance claim relating to hurricane damage to a hotel resort in the US Virgin Islands.
- Cost and procurement support for a £400 million major Central London utilities (Power) tunnel tender in London, UK.
- Commercial representation for main contractor on £35 million station fit-out project on the underground network in Central London, UK.
- Subcontract and main contract administration for £250 million C310 Thames Tunnel section of the prestigious Crossrail tunnelling Project in Central London, UK.
- Procurement support for 2 stage tender for the £1 billion York Potash Materials Transport System Tender, North Yorkshire, UK.