A qualified commercial professional with over 30 years’ experience in building, civil engineering and specialist subcontract sectors. Gained experience by working up through the commercial field on a variety of projects from multiple smaller projects to large major projects. Adaptable and could integrate into a regional business or work within a major project.
Project ExperienceCommercial Management
- Commercial manager on £110M healthcare project comprising two mental health facilities in Denmark Hill, London. Form of contract NEC Option C with Procure 21+ amendments. Managing a team of surveyors.
- Commercial Manager on a £100M new build shell and core in Soho, London. Form of contract JCT construction management with amendments.
- £100M refurbishment shell and core in Bishopsgate London. Form of contract British Land bespoke construction management contract.
- Portsmouth Spinnaker Tower - £31M - NEC/ECC Option C. Pricing and agreeing compensation events, commercial management of subcontractors and agreeing final accounts. Prosecution of extension of time claim. Liaison with planners, specialist claim consultants and company lawyers.
- Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth; value £255M. Contract Form: Bespoke PFI. Managing surveyors and planners (in connection with extension of time claims). Management of all aspect of the RC frame subcontract, value £20M. Evaluating and agreeing variations. Assessment and evaluation of frame contractor’s extension of time claim. Assessment of an extension of time claim under the main contract.
- Lewisham Extension to Docklands Light Railway; value £195M - Turnkey DBFO PFI. Preparation of construction budgets for civil and building works north of the river, tunnel fit-out and project wide track work. Dealing with matters arising under the construction joint venture agreement.
- Specialist roofing/cladding subcontractor - managing project commercial teams, liaising with operational teams to enhance project delivery, negotiating and agreeing contract accounts on the following projects: Olympic Stadium Roof - £8.5M – NEC 3 Option A, Canary Wharf Station - £7.9M – Canary Wharf Contractors Trade Contract and Bradwell Reactor Weather Envelope - £7.7M – NEC 3 Option.