Grahame Spears is a qualified commercial professional with over 30 years’ experience in building, civil engineering and specialist subcontract sectors.
He has worked on a variety of projects from multiple smaller projects to large major projects spanning the infrastructure, healthcare, commercial building, railway and building envelope and energy sectors.
He has experience with, JCT, NEC, and a number of bespoke contracts in various forms, including target cost, lump sum, and re-measurable.
Grahame has a wide range of experience in different construction processes and is able to deal with and summarise complex issues to reach amicable resolutions.
- Provided commercial management services on £110 million healthcare project comprising two mental health facilities under the NEC Option C form of contract with Procure 21+ amendments. Duties also included managing a team of surveyors. London, UK
- Commercial manager on a £100 million new build shell and core project under a JCT construction management form of contract, with amendments. London, UK.
- Commercial lead on £100 million refurbishment shell and core project under a British Land bespoke construction management contract in Central London, UK
- Provide commercial management services on the £31 million Spinnaker Tower – under the NEC/ECC Option C. form of contract. Priced and agreed compensation events, commercial management of subcontractors agreeing final accounts. Liaising with planners, claims consultants and company lawyers. Portsmouth, UK.
- Commercial lead on the Queen the £255 million Alexandra Hospital project under a bespoke PFI form of contract. Role included management of all aspect of the £20 million RC frame subcontract, evaluating and agreeing variations and extension of time claims with the main contractor and supply chain. Portsmouth, UK.
- Commercial manager on the £195 million extension to Docklands Light Railway under a Turnkey DBFO PFI form of contract. Prepared construction budgets for civil and building works, tunnel fitout and project wide track work and dealt with matters arising under the construction joint venture agreement. London, UK