John Blade has over 12 years’ experience within the construction industry, with an emphasis on commercial management of complex building and engineering projects across a variety of sectors. He has a proven track record of minimizing the costs of a project whilst enhancing value for money and maintaining the required standards of quality. His experience has strengthened his contractual knowledge and has allowed him to further develop his skills within contract management and dispute resolution.
John’s executive skills include leadership, initiative and collaboration; experience in a various forms of contract including JCT, NEC and FIDIC; negotiation toward dispute resolution; cost management and quantity surveying; awareness of complexities from different perspectives of the team; and communications and presentation skills.
- Delta Consulting Group’s appointed consultant to a Strategic Intervention Team tasked with the settlement of supply chain claims arising on a nuclear power project in the United Kingdom.
- Carried out quantum analysis on a £120 million issue arising out of a contractual price escalation mechanism on the construction of a nuclear power station in United Kingdom.
- Was a key member in a COVID-19 claims task force for a nuclear power station located in the UK. Part of this role was to review the COVID-19 related claims submitted from the supply chain and to assess entitlement and quantum of such claims.
- Integral team member on an expert witness testimony providing an independent cost analysis on the cost variances between 4 story, 6 story or 8 story options for a multi-family housing project in Virginia, USA.
- Drafted Response in an adjudication on a cladding interim account position.
- Provided commercial advice to a marine specialist subcontractor on an Extension of Time and Loss & Expense claim for a harbor project in Scotland.
- Undertook an audit of $20m Contractors claim on the Central Subway extension project in San Francisco, USA
- Carried out quantum analysis of a $120m claim on a canal expansion project in Central America.
- Dispute resolution work for a Top Tier Main Contractor on a University Project in the UK, specifically on the drylining, Steel Framing System (SFS) and windows subcontractor packages.
- Commercial director for a specialist “cut and carve” subcontractor; was responsible for review of all contractual matters for the company and served as primary point of contact for dispute resolution on projects where site level disputes could not be resolved.
- Modification of commercial procedures and creation of an integrated document suite for the entire business, including monthly valuations, cost value reconciliation reports, cashflow management sheets and standard form of subcontract.