John Blade has been involved in the construction industry for over 10 years, with an emphasis on managing the commercial elements of complex building and engineering projects in diverse areas of the construction industry. He has a proven track record of minimizing the costs of a project and enhancing value for money, while maintaining the required standards of quality. This experience has strengthened his contractual knowledge and a willingness to further develop existing competencies in the area of contract management and dispute resolution.
John’s executive skills include leadership, initiative and collaboration; experience in a various forms of contract including JCT, NEC and FIDIC; negotiation toward dispute resolution; cost management and quantity surveying; awareness of complexities from different perspectives of the team; and communications and presentation skills.
- Delta’s lead on a £120m issue arising out of a contractual price escalation mechanism on a significant power plant project in the UK.
- John remains a member of a COVID-19 claims task force for a significant power plant located in the UK. Part of this role is to review the COVID-19 related claims submitted from the supply chain and to assess entitlement and quantum of such claims. The position includes heavy involvement in issues surrounding Force Majeure, Extensions of Time, Loss and Expense, Early Warning, Delay and Disruption, Loss of Productivity along with all contractual notifications required for such heads of claim.
- Integral team member on an expert witness testimony providing an independent cost analysis on the cost variances between 4 story, 6 story or 8 story options for a multi-family housing project in Virginia, USA.
- Drafting of Response in an adjudication on a cladding interim account position.
- Provided commercial advice to a marine specialist subcontractor on an Extension of Time and Loss & Expense claim for a harbor project in Scotland.
- Audit of $20m Contractors claim on the Central Subway extension project in San Francisco, USA
- Involved in the quantum analysis of a $120m claim on a canal expansion project in Central America.
- Carried out dispute resolution work for a Top Tier Main Contractor on a University Project in the UK, specifically on the drylining, Steel Framing System (SFS) and windows subcontractor packages.