With more than 40 years of experience, Bill Jennings has vast knowledge and expertise in forensic accounting, investigation and asset recovery services. Bill has worked closely with corporations, government agencies, and attorneys, as well as, in delivering business controls consulting services to organizations. On numerous occasions, he has provided expert testimony in domestic and international courts.
Bill has also been retained to conduct investigations by the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Marshals Service. He is a CPA/ABV and holds CFF and CFE certifications. Additionally, Bill is a licensed private detective and a private pilot.
- Provided expert testimony before an ICC arbitral panel in Asia about the construction accounting and related issues in a dispute regarding the construction of a nuclear power plant.
- Led the audit committee investigation into alleged accounting and financial reporting errors and irregularities for the eighth largest homebuilder in the United States.
- Provided expert testimony on behalf of the defendant in the largest accounting malpractice litigation brought against one of the Big Four accounting firms.
- Led the audit committee investigation into alleged accounting and financial reporting errors and irregularities for the largest medical equipment & supplies distributor in the United States.
- Led the audit committee investigation into alleged bid-rigging by one of the largest property and casualty insurance companies in the United States.
- Led the audit committee investigation into alleged accounting and financial reporting errors and irregularities for a large publicly traded textile company.
- Led the forensic accounting investigation, on behalf of a U.S. Attorney’s office, into the use of proceeds from the sale of stolen art. Mr. Jennings testified about his findings at the criminal trial of the art dealer who was convicted.
- Led forensic accounting investigations, on behalf of the U.S. Marshals Service, into the use of proceeds, by drug dealers who had been indicted, to prepare the Marshals for forfeiture hearings and other related services.
- Led the forensic accounting investigation, on behalf of the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission into alleged channel-stuffing by one of the largest food manufacturing & distribution companies in the world.
- Following 9/11, led the world-wide security review for hotel properties managed in Europe and Asia by one of the world’s largest hoteliers.
- Led the internal investigation, on behalf of the Belgian owner, of the largest maize sweetener company in Greece. He was also responsible, in conjunction with local operatives, for plant security during the investigation. Mr. Jennings successfully proved that the plant manager had embezzled millions of euros which he laundered through London banks to Panama. Mr. Jennings and a colleague from London also successfully turned back an attempted attack on the plant by local farmers.