Rory House has over 4 years of experience in the construction industry, throughout which he has assisted experts on project management and delay matters.
He has been involved in a wide range of projects including a town centre development, an LNG onshore facility, an industrial production plant, and education infrastructure both in the UK and abroad.
Working as a structural engineer, Rory has gained experience in structural design on a wide range of large projects, including in the commercial, education, and residential sectors.
He achieved a first-class masters degree from Newcastle University in civil engineering, performing well in a range of modules encompassing the fundamental principles of engineering, both civil and structural, as well as their application to project management, ethics, and public policy.
- Assisting the appointed delay expert in relation to an adjudication between a contractor and its employer, relating to the delay to completion of a road infrastructure project in the midlands, UK.
- Assisted the appointed experts on behalf of the main EPC JV contractor on project management matters, in relation to an ICC consolidated arbitration for a $37bn onshore LNG facility in Australia.
- Assisted the appointed project management expert, in relation to an ICC arbitration, in assessing the performance of the EPCM contractor in the engineering, procurement, construction management, commissioning, and handover of a titanium dioxide plant in Scandinavia.
- Assisted the appointed delay expert in relation to an ICSID arbitration between a contractor and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, relating to the withdrawal of a contract to build schools in Saudi Arabia.
- Assisted the appointed delay expert on a town centre redevelopment in the UK, providing opinion and delay analysis on the contract administrator’s instructions, and extension of time awards, in relation to a dispute between the employer and its professional team.
- Assisted the appointed expert in relation to a dispute, in assessing the performance of the project manager in the design and construction management of a food processing facility in the UK.
- Assisted the appointed delay expert in relation to the review of the consultant’s final account, as well as the extent of delay incurred in the design and project management, of a new station entrance scheme on behalf of a Greater London local authority.
- Assisted the appointed expert for a quantum / delay analysis and subsequent report, in relation to a dispute between a contractor and a Greater London local authority, relating to a delay to the completion of an educational facility.
- Assisted the operations director on a commercial refurbishment in London, from RIBA stage 3 through to tender. Undertook several analyses on the existing structure, utilizing historical information, to inform structural limitations and feasible solutions.