Richard Shoebridge has over 30 years’ experience working in the civil engineering and construction industry in a variety of commercial roles.
He has worked for major contractors on large, complex projects, assisting with procurement, valuation, variations, and preparation of final accounts on a wide-ranging variety of projects spanning transportation, civils, power and building sectors.
Richard has hands-on experience of all main contract types and is able to advise, negotiate and resolve complex issues along a project timeline.
He has experience of working with clients, contractors, sub-contractors, joint-ventures, consultants, and legal advisors.
- Provided commercial support by undertaking take off of earthworks and groundworks for subcontractor in accordance with the Highways Method of Measurement on £4 million project in Eastbourne, UK.
- Provided commercial support for main contractor on a £10 million contract to refurbish and strengthen a listed bridge in Kent under NEC4 Option B Contract including submission and agreement of quotations for compensation events and administration of the contract.
- Provided commercial support by preparing variations accounts and agreed final account on a £50 million civil engineering contract for a major contractor in Kent, UK
- Undertook the valuation of compensation events resulting from changes in design on £10 million subcontract package for the lining of the Connaught Tunnels section of the prestigious Crossrail project in Central London, UK.
- Provided quantity surveying services for sub-contractor on £39 million painting and refurbishment of Blackfriars Bridge contract in Central London, UK
- Provided procurement support for subcontractor and valued variations account for contractor on various schemes ranging from £1 million to £9 million in Kent , UK
- Provided commercial support by undertaking take off of quantities from drawings in accordance with SMM7 for PI claim on the construction of a library in Kent, UK
- Provided commercial support on a NEC3 Option C contract for works within a decommissioned nuclear power station in Essex, UK.
- Provided commercial support on £150 million highways project, Kent, UK.
- Undertook procurement and control of twenty minor subcontract and consultant packages on the construction of a liquid natural gas importation facility in Kent, UK