For over 30 years, Richard Shoebridge has worked in the Civil Engineering and Construction Industry in a variety of commercial roles. He has worked for Major Contractors on large, complex projects, assisting with procurement, valuation, variations, compensation and preparation of final accounts on a wide-ranging variety of projects spanning Transportation, Civils, Power and Building sectors.
Richard has hands-on experience of all main contract types and is well able to advise, negotiate and resolve complex issues along a project timeline. He has experience of working with clients, contractors, sub-contractors, joint-ventures, consultants and legal advisors.
- Assisting with the preparation of variations accounts (Order value circa £55M) and final account preparation on a civils account (Order value circa £2M) for a Major Contractor.
- Valuation of Compensation Events further to changes in design on SubContract package on the lining of the Connaught Tunnels for prestigious Crossrail project in central London.
- Procurement of subcontract and variations account for a Contractor, value circa £9M. Take off quantities from drawings in accordance with SMM7 for PI claim against Tender take off, procurement and claims assistance on behalf of a Major UK Contractor.
- Sending Early Warning Notifications, Compensation Event Notifications and Compensation Event Quotations to the Client, budgeting, preparation and submission of interim valuations, attending meetings with the client and subcontract management on a NEC3 Option C contract for works within a decommissioned nuclear power station in Essex, UK.
- Sending Early Warning Notifications, Compensation Event Notifications and Compensation Event Quotations to the Client, subcontract management including - subcontract procurement, budgeting, interim valuations and preparation and agreement of subcontract final accounts for £150m highways project.
- Procurement of, and control of 20 Nr Minor Subcontractors and Consultants working on the construction of a Liquid Natural Gas Importation Facility. The Contract was let on the ICHEM Red Book form of Contract. Identifying and evaluating potential variations and submitting requests for Variations Orders to the Client. Applying for Milestone Completion Certificates, preparation of subsequent invoices, preparation of invoices for variations and chasing payment of invoices.