Rana is an accomplished Claims and Project Controls Professional with over 10 years in the construction industry and a proven track record of success in planning, scheduling, cost control, reporting, forensic delay analysis, and claims management. She is experienced in developing, managing, and analyzing schedules for large-scale projects ranging from $50M to $15B.
Rana is an expert in resolving construction disputes and managing large-scale construction claims through conducting complex forensic analysis coupled with exceptional analytical, negotiations, and problem-solving skills. She is a certified Planning and Scheduling Professional with a master’s degree in Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering and Management and a Fulbright alumna.
- Led and managed the planning and scheduling efforts for the Civil Design and Construction works on the largest capital infrastructure project in Canada’s history, OnCorr, estimated at $15B+ in a Progressive DBOM - Design Build Operate Maintain, featuring a collaborative Development Phase.
- Developed and maintained baseline schedules for multiple $100M+ public transit lines/corridors. Works included due diligence & investigations, grade separations/bridges and tunnels, utilities relocations, new and existing stations, side civil works, track works, OCS foundations, and traction power facilities.
- Developed projects schedules in Progressive Delivery Models using iterative optimization processes and interactive planning with the different stakeholders and functional teams. The iterations aimed at optimizing the value of the projects by examining and assessing different risk allocations, strategies, resources, staging, procurement approaches, and assumptions to facilitate management decision making of the most efficient strategies and risks profiles.
- Developed claims and established entitlement using retrospective & prospective forensic schedule delay analysis & associated cost analysis for a $64M+ hotel in Dead Sea, Jordan, which gained the project 6-months Extension of Time & $700K+ Cost Reimbursement.
- Managed Integrated Master Schedule for a program that included over 50 $50M+ infrastructure projects for the successful coordination of interfaces and implementation of planned configuration states in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada.
- Centrally coordinated and managed the schedules and interfaces of 9 water and wastewater projects in a $150M+ program in Zarqa, Jordan.
- Consulted on schedule risk mitigation measures in matters related to Lands and Easements, Permits and Licenses, Design, and external stakeholders on large multi-million infrastructure projects.
- Reviewed delay claims and prepared forensic delay analysis for counterclaims for the GO Expansion P3 projects and Light Rail Transit Vehicles manufacturing and procurement projects.