With 40+ year’s experience initially with large civil engineering contractors and subsequently in a specialist consultancy, Peter Simpson has enviable knowledge of all aspects of construction disputes.
Peter is a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), a Member of the Chartered Institute of Builders (MCIOB) and holds a Post Graduate Qualification – Diploma in Arbitration – undertaken at the College of Estate Management at Reading University. He has sat on the panel of RICS and CIOB Adjudicators where he has had in excess of 160 appointments (now retired from the panels).
Peter has extensive experience of all major civil and building work including, highways, structures, rail, airports, marine, utilities, energy, commercial, retail, education, military and health.
Peter has been involved in the resolution of disputes in all formal processes from Mediation, Conciliation, Adjudication through to Arbitration and Litigation with many of these disputes being on overseas projects.
- Preparation of commercial strategy across a number of interrelated military asset projects. Formulation of claim architecture and leadership of in house delay and quantum teams in claim preparation.
- Research into ground conditions on tunnel project. Formulation of claims for unforeseen ground conditions and for delayed interface with parallel project. Represented Client on dispute resolution task force.
- Claim research and preparation for change and delay on specialist heavy engineering factory. Leadership of in-house delay and quantum teams. Commercial input to multiple successful adjudications.
- Research and claim preparation for ground conditions claim for runway extension to regional airport.
- Preparation, in conjunction with expert team, of defense to claim on major wells/water transportation project in Middle East.
- Research and preparation of defense to delay and change claim on major waste to energy plant. Represented Client on formal dispute resolution task force.
- Research and report on claim for delay and change on major exhibition center in the Middle East. Advising in-house defense teams.
- Research and advise for formal claim teams on major gas pipeline project in Australia. Preparation of critiques of claims for delay and change prepared by in-house team. Provision of guidance to external expert teams.