Peter Simpson has over 40 years’ experience in the construction industry, initially with large civil engineering contractors and subsequently in a specialist consultancy. He is a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), a Member of the Chartered Institute of Builders (MCIOB). He has sat on the panel of the RICS and the CIOB Adjudicators where he has had in excess of 160 appointments (now retired from the panels).
As Commercial Director of a national civil engineering business, Peter sat on several JV boards, and has first-hand experience of the complexities of large Construction projects. Having been involved in the resolution of disputes in all formal processes from Mediation, Conciliation, Adjudication through to Arbitration and Litigation, Peter has represented Clients on domestic and overseas projects. In 2000 he co-founded a specialist commercial management and dispute resolution consultancy which was merged into Delta Consulting in 2019.
Peter has extensive experience of all major civil and building work including, highways, structures, rail, airports, marine, utilities, energy, commercial, retail, education, military, and health. He also has been involved in the resolution of disputes in all formal processes from Mediation, Conciliation, Adjudication through to Arbitration and Litigation. In addition to the commissions that the business has from its London base, Peter has worked on disputes in Botswana, Germany, Jordan, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Romania, Poland, and Australia.
- Subject matter expert supporting commercial reviews on various scope of work on the construction of a new Nuclear Power Station in Somerset, UK.
- Prepared the commercial strategy across a number of interrelated military asset projects, and formulated the claim architecture and leadership of in-house delay and quantum teams in claim preparation.
- Provided commercial support and undertook extensive research into ground conditions on tunnel project. Formulated claims for unforeseen ground conditions and for delayed interface with parallel project. Represented Client on dispute resolution task force.
- Provided commercial support undertaking claim research and preparation for change and delay on specialist heavy engineering factory. Led in-house delay and quantum teams. Provided commercial input to multiple successful adjudications.
- Undertook research and claim preparation for ground conditions claim for runway extension to regional airport.
- Provided quantum support, in conjunction with expert team, of defence to claim on major wells/water transportation project in the Middle East.
- Provided commercial support undertaking research and preparation of defence to delay and change claim on major waste to energy plant. Represented Client on formal dispute resolution task force.
- Provided quantum support and undertook research and drafted report on claim for delay and change on major exhibition center in the Middle East. Advising in-house defense teams.