Luis Moreira is a chartered Construction Manager with over 20 years' experience working as a project and programme manager within the construction industry on a wide range of projects in the public and private sectors, having worked as a business unit director in the defence and global public sectors, managing key client accounts such as the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Department for International Development, the United Nations and NATO. His dispute resolution experience includes giving evidence virtually in an adjudication between a landscape contractor and a Greater London Local Authority in the UK.
Luis is familiar with various procurement routes and numerous forms of contracts having delivered projects in the UK, Europe, Africa, North America, and SE Asia.
He has extensive experience acting for both client and contractor in the delivery of complex projects across the commercial, residential, hospitality, education, and mining sectors.
His expertise includes, but is not limited to, design, project, and cost management; procurement; construction delivery; project closeout and handover.
Luis has been instructed to provide expert opinion on project and construction management matters as well as on matters relating to the analysis of project delays on several occasions.
- Prepared expert and supplemental reports for an ICC Arbitration in Portugal in relation to the supply and fabrication of two floating platforms which were integral to an offshore windfarm off the coast of Portugal in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Prepared an expert report, in relation to a potential dispute, assessing the performance of the Employer’s Agent in the design and construction of a development consisting of a portal frame warehouse with four-storey office accommodation and associated infrastructure, in the UK.
- Prepared an expert report in relation to a delay / project management matter which included a detailed review of the consultant’s final account as well as the extent of delay incurred in the design and project management of a new station entrance scheme in the UK.
- Provided project management services for the construction and fit out of 291 new build apartments, leading a team of 6 site managers in Barking, London. Apart from driving a challenging programme and resolving buildability related issues, the role required the coordination of the various subcontract trades, calling off free issue supplies, chairing frequent subcontractor meetings and snagging the apartments prior to an internal handover to the sales team.
- Provided project director services which included leading and managing a team of up to seven security cleared project managers working on numerous projects in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa on behalf of the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office.