Juliano Pereira has more than 19 years’ experience in the construction arbitration industry developing, scheduling, and managing a wide variety of construction projects. His background includes managing different capital projects and supporting arbitration process in North and South America and in the Middle East.
Juliano has performed as construction manager for a variety of industrial projects, where he was responsible for implementing lean construction methodology to guarantee project quality, cost, and time schedule control, as well as managing contract claims and change order processes. His experience also encompasses construction management, cost, time schedule, quality and change orders control for steel making, heavy machinery, and food industries.
- Responsible for execution and oversight of large capital construction project dispute assignment. Provided assistance and oversight of large capital construction projects and programs. Planned and coordinated construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Arbitration, Mediation and DBR Supporting works - executed meetings with supervisory personnel, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and understand work procedures, complaints, or construction problems related to the dispute. Preparation of quantum damages and delay analysis reports.
- Performed many construction projects dispute related analysis, including delay, impact, differing site conditions, cost, and damage as well as lost productivity analysis. Implemented corrective action plans for the recovery of large capital construction projects as well as labor productivity studies.
- Directed the construction of the new BMW factory in Brazil (city of Joinville- SC), including 5 buildings (Paint Shop, Body Store, Laboratory, ADM, and Canteen buildings) within a total area of 60.000 m2.
- Implemented Lean Construction Methodology to control project, costs, time schedule and quality. Draft letters and report’s responses to construction claims. Provided weekly/month costs and claims reports to assure schedule and cost controls.
- Supported the demolition of the old building and the Construction of InfoGlogo (Globo) new office building in the center of Rio de Janeiro, along with Hochtief Contractors. Responsible for planning, project feasibility study and implementation of projects and budget controls.
- Headed up construction works from feasibility study to the end of earthworks. Chaired the budget, the purchase plan and schedule control for the land acquisition and first phase of construction of new plant, with a final area of approximately 180.000 m2. The project was put on hold after the earthworks due to Brazilian economic crisis.
- Coordinated the construction and renovation of storefronts in Brazil along with environmental, state and fire departments.