Emily Byrd has 9 years of experience supporting damages experts, financial and forensic accounting experts, and offering consulting services in commercial disputes, and economic damages. She is expected to testify as a damages expert in May 2021. Her litigation consulting expertise includes quantification of damages, evaluation of lost profits and disgorgement damages, economic-related analysis, incremental profitability analysis, and lost earnings analysis on a broad variety of commercial-related and IP disputes.
Emily is proficient with the following research software: LexisNexis, Factiva, Thomson ONE, and Statista.
- Assisted in damages quantification for patent infringement matters relating to several smartphone technologies, televisions and monitor displays, snowmobiles, multiple medical devices, wireless data communication, software technology, mobile phones with cameras and backlit keyboards, mobile bank deposit features, automotive interior zippers, pharmacy dispensing units, online security verification, laser inspecting equipment for aircrafts, semiconductor storage chips, credit card terminals, telecommunications acceleration and compression of data, and vehicle engine parts.
- Provided data analysis and surveying assistance in class action matters relating to false advertising of LCD-lit televisions, all-natural beverages, medical tablets for children, premium pet food, homeopathic cough syrup, joint health supplements, expected vehicle MPG, car battery core fees, and age-correcting makeup.
- Assisted in the evaluation of lost profits and disgorgement damages related to alleged violations of trade defamation and unfair competition relating to construction conduit.
- Assisted in the evaluation of claimed lost profits, reasonable royalty damages, and disgorgement measures in matters involving claims of trade dress infringement relating to active sportswear and mattress patterns, pharmacy dispensing units, a geographic survey, infant feeding products, and theft of trade secrets relating to medical devices.
- Provided data analysis and research in breach of contract matters relating to cooking products, medical devices, insurance claims, and court reporting school.
- Assisted in the investigation of an insurance company regarding billing fraud and kickbacks by a series of toxicology laboratories by directing the analysis of dozens of series LLC offerings and millions of investment transactions, including the series’ profits and losses, and distributions.
- Assisted in the evaluation of claimed lost profits regarding the damages suffered pursuant to alleged violations of the Lanham Act, trade defamation, and unfair competition arising out of alleged unlawful acts in construction, hemp, and Direct Physician Care market.
- Provided economic research, developed a model for quantifying a patent portfolio’s potential recoverable damages in the mobile payments market, and prepared a presentation related to the solicitation of a law firm and funding partners.