Dakus Gunn has served as a consultant and testifying expert in dispute resolution for the last twenty years. He provides expert analysis and testimony on delay, quantum, and productivity issues, with a focus on the construction industry.
Throughout his career he has been involved with a wide variety of projects including roads & bridges, airports, power plants (coal, nuclear, wind and hydroelectric), commercial & residential high-rises, large-scale land development, hospitals, entertainment & sports arenas, and light rail projects. These projects have been located throughout the Continental United States, Africa, and Latin America. He has worked primarily on cases involving critical path analyses, contractor terminations, subcontractor disputes, loss of productivity, differing site conditions, change order disputes, and liquidated damages for owners, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Delay and quantum analysis on a 750 MW solar facility and a 240 MW solar facility in Mexico.
- Delay and quantum analysis and testimony before an ICC DAB related to 4 Wind Farms totaling 550 MW in capacity in Mexico.
- Economic Damages analysis and testimony in an ICSID arbitration related to various disputes on a $400 million highway concession in Peru.
- Delay and quantum analysis and testimony on a $200 million, 250 MW Wind Farm under AAA/ICDR arbitration rules in Texas.
- Delay and quantum analysis and testimony on a $2 billion hydroelectric plant in South America.
- Delay, quantum and productivity analysis and testimony on a $300 million, 50 MW, hydroelectric project in Costa Rica in ICC Arbitration.
- Delay, quantum and productivity analysis and testimony on a $300 million, 150 MW coal fired power plant in Chile in ICC Arbitration.
- Productivity and quantum analysis and expert report on a $1 billion expansion of an international airport in the Middle East.
- Delay and quantum analysis and testimony for a $270 million, 114 MW hydroelectric plant in Guatemala under ICC Arbitration.
- Delay, quantum and productivity analysis and expert reports on two $5 billion, +4,750 MW Coal fire power plants in South Africa.
- Delay and quantum analysis and delay testimony on $20 million in claims on Air Force Base project in Guam before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Delay analysis and testimony regarding a $30 million multi-purpose range complex in Hattiesburg, MS project involving +10 million CY’s of earthwork over 5 years before the 19th Judicial District Court.