Christian Karwoth has more than 14 years of experience in the civil engineering and heavy construction industry. He has provided case support involving critical path analyses, contractor termination, subcontractor disputes, loss of productivity, differing site conditions, change order disputes, and liquidated damages for owners, contractors, and subcontractors on disputes ranging from US$40 million to US$600 million and has testified as an expert and fact witness.
Christian also has experience being closely involved with the daily operations of construction sites, including site management, scheduling, progress reporting, and contract administration. His prior experience includes 11 years of working with one of the world's largest European Contractors on projects across Latin America. During this time, he held positions as Site Engineer, Senior Site Engineer, and Deputy Construction Manager. Additionally, Christian has participated in the elaboration of several tender offers for renewable energy projects in South America.
- Provided quantum analysis for expert report on contractor prolongation costs for a $5.1 billion oil refinery project in the Middle East.
- Provided quantum analysis for expert report on change orders, delay damages and delay liquidated damages for windfarms in Mexico and the United States.
- Provided quantum analysis for expert report on design changes, changed ground conditions and delay damages on an interstate rehabilitation project for a contractor in the United States.
- Delay analysis and testimony before an ICSID case regarding the construction of a BOT highway concessions project in Peru.
- Review and response to US$400 million in claims from the Owner and preparation and elaboration of US$150 million in counterclaims from the Contractor for a US$2 billion hydro-electric power plant project in the Andes Mountains in Chile.
- Performed detailed productivity analysis on civil works, impact assessments due to late drawing submissions, analysis and evaluation of Change Orders and Site instructions and calculation of damages for a US$250 million expansion of a coal fired power plant in Chile. Provided Testimony at Arbitration in New York City.
- Preparation of Dispute Adjudication Board submissions for a hydro-electric power plant in Peru. Assessing entitlement for “time equivalents” in changed BoQ quantities and unforeseeable ground conditions. Testified as subject matter expert before DAB.
- Site management for tunnel and cavern excavation (NATM), claim substantiation and documentation for excusable delays owed to unforeseeable underground conditions, changed support designs and execution methods. Responsible for conducting resource planning, progress monitoring, and data analysis for a 155 MW hydro-electric power plant.
- Site management and subcontractor coordination on a coal-fired power plant. Preparation of schedules and implementation of acceleration measures. Claim substantiation and documentation due to restricted access to Owner provided work areas and trade stacking on a 150 MW power plant in Chile.