Christopher Meadors is a certified public accountant, consultant, and attorney with more than 20 years of experience advising clients in complex financial disputes and investigations. His experience includes forensic accounting, corporate investigations, litigation consulting and expert witness assignments, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and anti-corruption issues, import/export regulation, anti-fraud consulting (including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance), as well as other regulatory issues.
Chris is experienced in leading teams of accounting, finance, and technology professionals. He has provided expert testimony as to the quantification of losses, lost profits, and economic damages.
- Led teams of professionals supporting the SIPC trustee for Lehman Bros. following its 2008 bankruptcy. Assignment involved extensive data interrogation and analysis of financial records to unwind and reconcile complex customer and broker transactions.
- Managed a team of 40 accounting/finance professionals assisting counsel in a securities litigation engagement for a computer equipment manufacturer. The project required the coordination of multi-national teams responsible for an extensive data collection and review, issue identification, and development of client deliverables.
- Led a team investigating FCPA and ITAR issues arising from sales of aircraft in Europe and North Africa. The matter involved extensive financial analysis, document review, and on-site interviews of witnesses. The findings ultimately formed the basis of a voluntary disclosure to the U.S. Department of Justice, resulting in a declination.
- Advised the U.S. Department of Justice and EPA with respect to the proposed settlements and viability of Chapter 11 plan proposed by a large East Coast oil refining concern. The company was subject substantial fines and penalties resulting from its failure to comply with federal ethanol fuel blending requirements. Project involved extensive analysis and modeling of volatile market conditions, “crack spreads” (a measure of refining margins), and the company’s overall ability to pay.
- Investigated allegations of embezzlement of cash and drilling equipment for a publicly traded oil & gas company. Interviewed employees and vendors, reviewed and analyzed inventory and accounting data. Obtained admission from company employees and third-party contractors that allowed company to take necessary action. Also worked with the client to revise their related procedures and controls.
- Testified as an expert witness on damages, accounting issues, and other financial or forensic accounting related matters.
- Led numerous due diligence and “quality of earnings” engagements for potential buyers, lenders, and investors (including private equity firms). Target entities included oil & gas equipment and services providers, software as a service (SAAS) providers, multi-level marketing companies, video rental and streaming services, and defense services, among others.