Stuart Davey has 30 years’ experience in the engineering and construction industry, which includes dispute resolution producing expert quantum and contract claim analysis reports. He has experience internationally with disputes under FIDIC and in the UK under JCT and NEC contracts. Stuart has been appointed as expert witness numerous times in relation to quantum and disruption aspects of project disputes in adjudication, international arbitration, and major project DABs. He has given written and oral testimony (in person) in international arbitration.
Stuart has worked on projects and disputes located in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, and South America. He has experience across a broad range of project sectors including, petrochemical, power generation, transport infrastructure projects, offshore construction, shipping, government, and public sector projects.
In his early career, Stuart was a quantity surveyor with contractors Costain and Norwest Holst, gaining a practical understanding of site administration and claims handling. Stuart has presented internationally on approaches to formulating disruption claims and cost recovery.
- Expert quantum report in arbitration. Road upgrade Gulbahar to Baharak, Panjshir Valley Afghanistan.
- Expert quantum report, in arbitration. Disruption costs, Floating Production Storage and Offloading (“FPSO”) Vessel, Brazil.
- Expert quantum report, on 75km of 6 lane highway including structures, Oman.
- Expert quantum report, FIDIC based, in arbitration. Road upgrade Deva Orastie, Romanian for Romanian National Company of Motorways and National Roads.
- Expert quantum report, in arbitration. Construction of Ngqura Harbour, South Africa. Report resulted in settlement.
- Expert quantum reports, for DAB. Medupi and Kusile power stations, South Africa.
- RAF Fairford B2SS Bomber Shelter, appointed by main contractor to undertake claim preparation and negotiation. Value £14 million.
- Expert quantum report, FIDIC based, in arbitration. Bucharest Lakeview Development, Romanian.
- Expert quantum report, FIDIC based, in arbitration. CFR (Romanian Rail), Romania.
- Expert quantum report in arbitration, FIDIC based. Expressway, Poland.
- Expert quantum report in arbitration, FIDIC based. Dodoma – Manyoni Road Project, Tanzania.
- Quantum and delay report, FIDIC based, in arbitration. Kundan Singh, new Songwe Airport, Tanzania
- Woking to Surbiton re-signalling, development of claims for late possessions and defending claims from train transport supplier.
- Numerous expert quantum reports, in arbitration. Muscat Airport, Oman