Scott Beisler has over thirty-five years of experience in the engineering/construction industry. He has extensive experience preparing and reviewing construction schedules, evaluating and preparing time extension requests, performing retrospective delay analyses, and evaluating acceleration and construction damages claims. Scott has performed project advisory services for owners, developers and contractors. He has been designated as an expert witness and provided testimony in construction arbitration as well as deposition testimony in state courts. He has also actively participated in many trial, arbitration and mediation proceedings, plus numerous settlement negotiations.
His experience covers a wide range of industries and projects: commercial buildings, hotels, mixed-use facilities, condominiums, apartment buildings, transportation/rail facilities, co-generation plants, military facilities, prisons, nuclear power plants, steel plants, chemical plants, pharmaceutical plants, airports, water/wastewater treatment plants, landfills, hospitals, pipelines, casinos and many others.
- Served as delay expert for owner of 678 MW power plant to rebut Design-Builder’s Request for Equitable Adjustment. Issues included contractor progress, late back feed, and fabrication errors. Prepared independent delay analysis and critique of contractor’s claim. Settled in negotiations.
- Served as delay expert for developer of high-rise mixed use residential building. Analyzed contractor’s delay & disruption claim due to alleged design changes and RFIs. Prepared delay & issues analyses. Settled after expert disclosures.
- Engaged by architect-engineer of $1B hotel & casino to provide delay analysis services. Evaluated delays due to piping redesign and relationship with governing project critical path. Settled in mediation.
- Served as delay expert for general contractor of hospital expansion & renovation. Evaluated contractor performance and owner’s concurrent delays to rebut owner’s withholding of liquidated damages. Case pending.
- Engaged by Construction Manager at Risk for large government chemical research facility to analyze delays and prepare expert report. Design mods to ensure air quality were crucial. Analyzed causation and incremental delay of each change. Punch list analyses for turnover of each phase.
- Engaged by hotel developer to provide advisory services. Collaborated with general contractor for efficient schedule and methods. On-time completion.