Nawfal Merzouk has dedicated the past 6 years to providing professional consultancy and invaluable support to testifying experts within the realm of dispute resolution. With a specialization in construction-related matters, his expertise lies in expert analysis and witness support, preparing comprehensive analysis and expert reports related to issues such as delays, quantum, and labor & equipment productivity. Mr. Merzouk’s expert services have been proficiently offered in three languages: English, French, and Spanish.
Throughout his career, Mr. Merzouk has undertaken an extensive array of projects spanning diverse sectors. His expertise encompasses roads, pipelines, canals, bridges, airports, nuclear, wind, and hydroelectric power plants, as well as commercial and residential high-rise buildings, hospitals, tunnels, metro infrastructures, and municipal infrastructures projects ranging from $1 million to $5 billion. These projects have been located across various regions, including Canada, the United States, Central America, North Africa, and Latin America.
Within this expansive scope, Mr. Merzouk has predominantly focused on forensic critical path method schedule analyses, assessment of loss of productivity, evaluation of varying site conditions, management of change order disputes, and computation of damages. His invaluable services cater to the needs of owners, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers alike.
Mr. Merzouk demonstrates proficiency in Primavera P6 and the Microsoft Office suite, skillfully employing these tools to efficiently gather, structure, and oversee voluminous datasets related to construction projects.
- Loss of productivity, quantum, and expert report for a hospital project in an American Arbitration Association case in Florida, USA.
- Economic damages analysis, expert report, and expert testimony support in an ICSID arbitration related to a multimillion-dollar highway concession in Peru.
- Delay analysis and expert report for an oil refinery project in an ICC arbitration case in Columbia.
- Quantum and assessment of escalation of material and labor costs due to Pandemic-related supply chain disruption claims for an institutional construction project in Maryland, USA.
- Quantum and expert report support in relation to claims totaling hundreds of millions USD for disruption and construction damages on a state highway expansion project in an American Arbitration Association case in Colorado, USA.
- Delay analysis, loss of productivity analysis, quantum analysis and expert report for several municipal infrastructure projects for litigation in Quebec, Canada.
- Delay, quantum analysis, expert report and advisory services for a transit facility’s infrastructure upgrade and expansion for mediation in Quebec, Canada.
- Quantum analysis and expert report support for a hospital project for arbitration in Alberta, Canada.
- Loss of productivity analysis, quantum analysis, expert report, and expert testimony support for a pipeline project for arbitration in Alberta, Canada.
- Delay, quantum, and expert report for a tunnelling project for arbitration in Ontario, Canada.
- Delay analysis, quantum analysis and expert report for a municipal building for litigation in the Ontario superior court, Canada.
- Quantum analysis for a commercial high-rise building rehabilitation project, and negotiation support in Ontario, Canada.
- Quantum analysis and expert report for high-rise condo building for litigation in the court of Quebec in Canada.
- Quantum analysis and expert report for a correctional facility for litigation in the court of Quebec in Canada.
- Delay, disruption analysis, quantum analysis and expert report for a high voltage substation in the court of Quebec in Canada.
- Equipment productivity analysis for a $5 billion large-scale infrastructure project for litigation in central america.
- Quantum and expert report for a massive structure (Bridge) rehabilitation project to extend its lifespan for mediation in Quebec, Canada.
- Independent analysis of contractor claims and expert reports for negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation.
- Project advisory services for pre-tender stage for an institutional building in Quebec, Canada.
- Developed a customized Excel program for Contract Compliance for a Wind Energy Project with a capacity of 60 megawatts (MW) in Ontario, Canada.