Matthew Stamp has more than 20 years of professional experience in the areas of project administration, construction law, and construction consulting. As a project controls expert, Matthew has prepared CPM schedules and performed forensic schedule analyses, productivity analyses and damages calculations for ongoing projects and for post-completion dispute resolution. He has researched and authored Requests for Equitable Adjustment (REAs) and Expert Reports for disputes on complex projects.
Before entering the consulting field, he worked for an international contractor training and implementing procedures for senior managers in the areas of schedule development, schedule maintenance, forensic schedule analysis, contract administration, claim preparation, claims avoidance, delay and productivity damages. He also worked on-site with senior managers throughout the United States and Canada to resolve disputes for a variety of projects including power plants, oil treatment plants, waste-water treatment plants, airports, highways, light rail transit systems, bridges, pump stations, and tunnels.
- Provided Expert Reports including delay analyses for HVDC power transmission facilities in Newfoundland Labrador. The parties settled the matter in pre-hearings.
- Prepared REAs including delay, productivity and damages analyses for HVDC and Synchronous Condenser facilities in Newfoundland Labrador.
- Prepared an REA including schedule and productivity analysis for a major hydroelectric development in Newfoundland Labrador.
- Preparing Expert’s Report on delay and damages on behalf of the MEP contractors for a large Airforce base medical facility. This matter is currently in litigation.
- Prepared a baseline schedule and contract administration plan for a $250 million Washington State tunnel, including the excavation of one-mile twin-bored tunnels.
- Prepared a contractor’s submission to a Dispute Review Board for a $150 million tunneling project in Canada that involved one mile of twin tunnel construction with two soft ground Tunnel Boring Machines.
- Prepared schedule analysis for the P-58 FPSO Project (Brazil) as part of an Expert Report submitted in a private arbitration.
- Prepared an REA for delays and productivity losses related to the MEP scope for the new World Trade Center Retail Development, Towers 1 – 4.
- Prepared a delay analysis, including multiple linear schedules, to demonstrate causes of delay for a $41 million replacement bridge project in New Jersey.
- Prepared a cost and resource loaded bid schedule for the $700 million Caltrans’ Bay Bridge Project, a new self-anchored suspension bridge.
- Prepared a baseline schedule and contract administration plan for a $1.4 billion expansion to an existing coal-fired power plant located in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Developed an accelerated schedule and cost proposal for a $94.5 million electrical contract at the central artery awarded by the Massachusetts Highway Department.
- Prepared a schedule and productivity analysis for a $333 million traffic interchange project in Arizona, including damages calculations.