Karim Nagui has more than 14 years of experience in the construction industry. He has worked on projects in the public and private sectors, including EPC large industrial, commercial, and infrastructure projects. Karim has also worked on project sites, head office and executive office of multinational EPC contractor.
During the last 6 years as an EPC contractor, he provided PMO support to critical projects in the areas of change orders, claims, disputes, etc.
Competencies include: health, safety and environment, construction management; estimation and budgeting, project controls; scheduling and cost controls, subcontracts management, and contracts and claims.
Project ExperienceConsulting Experience
- Provide delays assessment, damages assessment, loss of productivity, and project advisory services to various projects, including California Highspeed Rail, Panama Canal Expansion Project, various Wind Farms Projects, Navy Nuclear Training Facility, Renovation of Industrial Plant, LAX Expansion Project, etc.
- Oversaw the federal contracting operations in Japan for housing, offices, and infrastructure projects, including 3 projects with budgets up to $50 million.
- Management team of the engineering, procurement, and construction of $3 billion industrial plant.
- Development of an EPC project for $1.4 billion industrial plant
- Commissioning Manager for major manufacturing plant construction with $135 million budget.
- Worked on other projects such as international airport, infrastructure, power plants, etc.
- Worked on bids; preparing estimates, risk sheets and tender schedules.
- Worked on setting up a new company division working on the Overseas Building Operations (OBO) projects with the Department of State
- Performed business development on several initiatives in Africa, MENA region, and Eastern Europe, mostly energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, leveraging US and international funding and grants.