Karim Nagui has more than 12 years of experience in the construction industry. He has worked on projects in the public and private sectors, with a portfolio of projects ranging from $30 million to more than $3 billion.
His core competencies include: health, safety and environment; construction management; estimation budgeting and cost controls; scheduling and planning; project controls; earned value management; procurement; and contracts and claims.
- Oversaw the federal contracting operations in Japan for housing, offices and infrastructure projects, including 3 projects with budgets up to $50 million. Worked closely with site teams on project setup and standardized reporting. Ensured projects’ good standing from schedule, cost and quality standpoint. Ensured proper contractual position with client and subcontractors.
- Managed the engineering, procurement and construction of $3 billion industrial plant. Supervised several engineering and procurement packages from bid to extension to completion. Provided PMO services through working with project managers and project teams, and worked closely with project director, contracts and commercial managers and project teams.
- Developed an EPC for $1.4 billion industrial plant, including EPC contract terms and conditions, exhibits and other commercial agreements. Lead/participated in project structuring and building site teams.
- Worked on setting up a new company division working on the Overseas Building Operations (OBO) projects with the Department of State. Set up enterprise system, including workflows, cost control and accounting, scheduling, and contract and document management.
- Performed business development on several initiatives in Africa, MENA region, and Eastern Europe, mostly energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, leveraging US funding and grants, such as US EXIM, OPIC, USAID, and USTDA, as well as international sources such as Green Climate Fund and African Development Bank. Connected with technology providers and formed partnership with strategic alliances.
- Commissioning Manager for major manufacturing plant construction with $135 million budget. Prepared and negotiated change orders. Prepared cost and time extension claim for major scope change.
- Worked on other projects such as international airport, infrastructure, power plant, etc.
- Worked on bids preparing estimates, risk sheets and tender schedules.