James Anderson has over 30 years of auditing, consulting and financial systems/internal control reviews for public and private corporations, nonprofits, and government agencies. He has extensive experience providing forensic audit services, cost and pricing, defective pricing, FAR and CAS assessments and auditing, pre-award evaluations, auditing, and consulting services. Mr. Anderson was a member of the initial AICPA Subcommittee on Federal Accounting and Auditing.
His expertise includes work related to internal controls in various areas including contract and grant management, accounting policies and procedures, cost allocation, construction accounting and management, budgeting, business continuity/disaster recovery plans, grant and contract close-outs and proposal evaluations. He has also worked and instructed on compliance of accounting standards, funding source requirements, federal, state, and local laws and regulations, reporting and procurement requirements and other industry specific standards.
Jim’s career began with a former “Big 8” Accounting Firm and he was a partner in two public accounting firms. He started an Internal Audit Department for a large construction entity and was a CFO for another construction entity.
- Litigation support and expert testimony for mediation specialty entity, major construction companies, and mining companies.
- Construction audits specifically related to procurement, payroll, contractor and subcontractor compliance, and verification of cost and pricing.
- Conducted multiple FAR and CAS financial and compliance audits for DOD, DCAA, FEMA and Department of Transportation.
- Developed pricing templates for owners use in RFP’s and invoice processing.
- Developed business continuity/disaster recovery plans.
- Cost recovery audits for multiple contractors for the Resolution Trust Corporation.
- Due diligence work for acquisitions related to financial institutions.
- Board consulting related to new corporate board standards for major not-for-profit and four commercial clients.
- Provided consulting work for Scholastic, Inc., including developing a corporate-wide cost allocation plan.
- Royalty audits for major software developer.
- Information technology audits for commercial clients and federal agencies.
- Quality Control Reviews (QCR) related to grantee financial statement and compliance audits (A-133).
- Peer reviews in relation to AICPA requirements.
- Provided technical services related to audit and development of over 500 cost allocation plans and indirect rates for government and government contractors.