Franco Benza has over 12 years of experience in the areas of project advisory, accounting, financial analysis and process review. He has extensive background in international construction, energy and mining. Franco has provided expert witness quantum of damages, accounting, financial analysis and lost profits in $20-$300 million cases under ICC, ICSID and domestic arbitration in English and Spanish. These projects have been located throughout North and South America and include highways and bridges, wind farms, hydroelectric, waste-water treatment plants and commercial buildings. He has worked on behalf of contractors, owners and government entities.
Previously, Franco was responsible for evaluating business improvement opportunities in retail banking as well as executing financial analyses, audits and process review managing project teams at a big four audit multinational.
- Quantum analysis of a damages expert report for the defense of the Republic of Peru in the construction and tender of one of the sections of the Pan American Highway of $ 300 million under ICSID arbitration.
- Quantum analysis of a damages expert report and preparation of a preliminary counterclaim report for the defense of a Spanish glass supplier for a $ 20 million building in New York under mediation.
- Quantum analysis of a damages expert report for the defense of a contractor in the construction of a $ 270 million wind farm in Costa Rica under ICC arbitration.
- Quantum analysis of a damages expert report for the defense of a tunneling contractor in the construction of a $ 300 million hydroelectric generation plant in Chile under ICC arbitration.
- Support in the quantum analysis of a damages expert report for the defense of the engineers in the construction of a drainage plant in New York under US courts.
- Support in the quantum analysis of a damages expert report for the defense of a contractor in the construction of a building in Florida under US courts.
- Evaluated strategic initiatives of the projects portfolio of the Small Business segment at Scotiabank Peru.
- Directed a team of international EY consultants in the implementation of a financial shared services center in Ecopetrol, main Oil and Gas company in Colombia.
- Simulated Hotel Casa Andina’s financial cash flows and identified new optimal exports tax return scenarios at EY Peru.
- Reviewed the maintenance, human resources, environmental, warehouse and community relations process of Minera Milpo at EY Peru.
- Reviewed the maintenance, environmental, personnel management, payroll and contractors procurement processes of Golds Fields La Cima operations at EY Peru.
- Diagnosed the risk management of Pesquera Hayduk identifying objectives, risks and control gaps in the company’s critical processes at EY Peru.