David Reichard has over 30 years of experience in the construction industry with a primary emphasis in project management, construction management, CPM scheduling, construction claims analysis and dispute resolution. His experience includes all types of projects including heavy and highway construction; industrial, government, military, and institutional facilities; wastewater/water treatment plants; retail, theme park, hotel, and casino/resort; and residential. He has also conducted continuing education seminars for contractors, architects, and engineers on claims, CPM scheduling, project management, and business management. Dave has testified as an expert on project delays, schedule analyses, extra work claims, breach of contract, and construction defect claims.
Dave’s prior experience includes positions as Vice President and Director of Consulting for Chitester Management Systems and Senior Consultant for Trauner Consulting Services. Dave began his career as an Engineer Officer in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, where he managed construction projects in the United States, the Bahamas, and the Middle East.
- Provided expert testimony regarding delays incurred during the replacement of a connector between two buildings at a medical center. Reichard performed a detailed critical path analysis of the delays and allocated responsibility for the delays among the parties.
- Provided expert testimony regarding delays incurred during the demolition and construction of a pool facility at a high school. Reichard prepared a schedule analysis that showed the School Board had granted the appropriate amount of time and no additional time was due to the Contractor. The court agreed with Mr. Reichard’s findings and did not award any additional time to the Contractor.
- Provided expert testimony regarding delays during the construction of a bridge over the Panama Canal. Reichard prepared a detailed critical path analysis of the delays which allocated responsibility for the delays among the parties and presented his findings to an international tribunal.
- Provided expert testimony regarding delay and quantum during the renovation and expansion of an elementary school. Reichard prepared a schedule and quantum analysis which showed the School Board was only responsible for a limited number of days. The court’s award was based on the delay days determined by Mr. Reichard.
- Provided expert testimony regarding delay and damages on a wrongful termination case filed by a Contractor against the Government. Reichard prepared a detailed critical path schedule analysis which showed that the Government was not liable for delays beyond the time already granted. Reichard also analyzed and refuted the damages alleged by the Contractor. The ASBCA upheld the Governments termination for default.
- Provided expert testimony for the owner regarding delays during the renovation of a multi-million-dollar condominium. Reichard prepared a detailed critical path schedule analysis which showed that the contractor was responsible for approximately six months of delay and that the owner was entitled to affirmative delay damages. His analysis and testimony resulted in a ruling in favor of the Owner.