David Reichard has over 25 years of experience in the construction industry with a primary emphasis in project management, construction management, CPM scheduling, construction claims analysis and dispute resolution. His experience includes all types of projects including heavy and highway construction; industrial, government, military, and institutional facilities; wastewater/water treatment plants; retail, theme park, hotel, and casino/resort; and residential. He has also conducted continuing education seminars for contractors, architects, and engineers on claims, CPM scheduling, project management, and business management. Dave has testified as an expert on project delays, schedule analyses, extra work claims, breach of contract, and construction defect claims.
Dave’s prior experience includes positions as Vice President and Director of Consulting for Chitester Management Systems and Senior Consultant for Trauner Consulting Services. Dave began his career as an Engineer Officer in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, where he managed construction projects in the United States, the Bahamas, and the Middle East.
- Provided expert witness services on a $1.3 billion insurance claim related to a carpet manufacturing plant that was destroyed by fire.
- Evaluated a $12 million claim from a subcontractor for delay, disruption, extra work, and inefficiency related to a street light upgrade project in a major Midwest City.
- Provided construction claims preparation and analysis services for numerous high-rise condominium projects in South Florida.
- Performed numerous claims analysis assignments for many state Department of Transportation agencies.
- Provided expert witness services on a $9 million dispute related to delays and termination for default during the construction of a resort and spa.
- Evaluated a $9.5 million claim from the designer for delay and extra work on a public transportation project.
- Investigated the cause of $350 million in cost overruns during the conversion of a drilling platform and supertanker into oil processing platforms.
- Performed scheduling and schedule advisory services on a $130 million psychiatric hospital.
- Provided expert testimony on delay and damages at the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals on a wrongful termination appeal.
- Provided expert testimony on delay on the construction of a $60 million bleach manufacturing facility.