Brian Furniss specializes in CPM scheduling, delay and productivity analyses, risk and change management, cost quantification, and claims analysis. He provides these analyses during and after the project to help the project team manage the work, risks, and resolve disputes.
Brian is co-author of the book, Construction Delays: Understanding Them Clearly, Analyzing Them Correctly, has authored articles for industry publications, and is an award-winning speaker. Brian is a Professional Engineer in Florida, Texas, and Colorado, and is a Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) and Certified Forensic Claims Consultant (CFCC) with AACE International.
Brian has experience on airport, bridge, commercial, entertainment, gas refinery, healthcare, high rise, highway, hospital, government, hotel, laboratory, residential, prison, sports arena, theme park, pipeline, tunnel, transit, water, and wastewater projects in the United States, U.S. Territories, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia.
- Provided expert testimony in Arbitration, Court, and served as Arbitrator on scheduling and delay analysis.
- Provided expert reports on delays and productivity losses incurred during the completion of military barracks and supporting facilities in California.
- Provided delay, productivity, and schedule risk analyses on LNG and refinery projects in the United States, Canada, and Middle East.
- Analyzed critical path delays to 3 contract milestones on a 5-year, $500+ million new toll-road facility in Southern California. Determined party responsible for critical path delays, evaluated concurrent delays, and the cumulative effects of Owner changes to the critical path and contractor’s means and methods.
- Performed analyses of critical path delays, change orders, scheduling and acceleration plans, subcontractor production, and other claims analyses on a new, 36-story high-rise in Miami, Florida.
- Used the measured-mile analysis to quantify productivity losses incurred by general contractor and its subcontractors during the construction of a new roadway and connecting bridges in Southern California.
- Analyzed critical path delays to over 37 buildings on a $40+ million new condominium complex in Hawaii.
- Performed project scheduling, change order evaluation, and “what-if” acceleration scenarios for general contractor during its completion of an $80+ million library in Chicago, Illinois.
- Provided baseline schedule, and risk analyses with Monte Carlo simulations on over 20 contract milestones for general contractor on $300+ million world-renowned entertainment venue in Florida.
Construction, Expert Witness
Brian Furniss of Delta Consulting Group is “extremely thorough” in his expert work, and possesses a wealth of experience in quantum and delay matters.
Brian Furniss receives effusive praise from respondents for his first-class work on quantum and delay claims across a range of sectors.
Construction, Quantum and Delay
Brian Furniss draws praise as an “extremely dedicated” expert with “excellent analytical skills”.
Brian Furniss “is very adaptable and quick to understand any situation” and draws praise for his “very strong analytical skills”.
Brian Furniss is “extremely thorough and dedicated to his work” compliment sources who add he is “always very good – you can trust his analysis”.